Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urban Decay Naked2 Available in Debenhams NOW!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Very excited roll on pay day!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

anyone know when its available in store??

?? I'm about to check out, but dont want to if its available in store (ill honestly buy it again just to not wait the week). I also have the first naked pallet. I have problems..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Checked in store on Saturday and they didn't have it.

Damn dunno weather to order or wait. I've noticed they use couriers not an post, which I don't like because I don't know weather I'l be home every day.

• Advertisement

Can you hold off until the morning and give them a ring and see? If not you can order online.

Twee. wrote: »
    Can you hold off until the morning and give them a ring and see? If not you can order online.

I wasn't able to find their number (Henry St) online, do you know it?

Google threw up this 01 814 7200, from http://www.image.ie/stockists.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

It only came out in Ireland today (last Friday in UK) so wouldn't have been in store over the weekend

Can#t to get my hands on it but it'll have to wait till pay day :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Also for anyone who doesn't know - if you order online you can get 4% cashback with fatcheese, it's free to sign up and if you're ordering online you might as well get some money back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭glitterbug86

If you scroll down on their facebook page they say it's not available in store until February 6th. They have it on early release online as of last night but it's apparently limited stock so if I were you i'd order soon to be safe. As said, debenhams use a courier (nightline) but they text you the day before they're going to deliver if that's any help. I ordered mine last night, can't wait to see it in real life! Hoping the taupes are nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Looking forward to this, it looks nice than the original!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Om nom nom. I loved the first palette so maybe after my exams, I'll treat myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Katedee

Anyone Ever have a makeover at urban decay in house of Fraser dundrum? Booked one for next week, but I do need the makeup to really last for the whole day! Does it do this? I got the voucher for free with an urban decay palette I bought. Was the makeover any good and what did it include? (foundation ect?) thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

Mine had been just delivered to work today! Very excited. On first impressions, it seems a bit easier for Irish skin tones to get away with. Haven't worn any but will update as to how I get on! Much prefer the packaging also, very sturdy.

Mine got delivered today as I was doing my makeup :) used the greys today fir a change from the original, love them!, also the colours seem a bit more subtle compared to the original.

I agree that the case is much better and the larger mirror is brilliant :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Must go in and have a look up close to swatch the colours and see what it's like!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Haha I still have the Book Of Shadows from 2008. Rarley wear eye shadow, maybe once a week, so this keeps me going. Naked2 looks great though! Exactly the colours I wear. Just don't know if it would be worth spending money on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

Has anyone got both now? How do they compare? I have the original and was comparing the colours against the photo of the second one on the website, but it's hard to compare against a photo. I love UD eye shadow but they look very similar to me.

Has anyone got both now? How do they compare? I have the original and was comparing the colours against the photo of the second one on the website, but it's hard to compare against a photo. I love UD eye shadow but they look very similar to me.

I have both, they're both gorgeous IMO. But tbh if you were to only have one I'd probably go for the original. Mainly because the original has more kind of matching colours (I know they're all browns but you know what i mean), plus the original has both light medium and dark colours, naked2 seems to be mainly lighter subtle colours I think.

Love them both though don't regret getting the second :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭2 Miles From Narnia

PlayGirl wrote: »
    I have both, they're both gorgeous IMO. But tbh if you were to only have one I'd probably go for the original. Mainly because the original has more kind of matching colours (I know they're all browns but you know what i mean), plus the original has both light medium and dark colours, naked2 seems to be mainly lighter subtle colours I think.

Love them both though don't regret getting the second :)

I imagine I wouldn't regret it either, but just thought I'd make a token effort to resist! I think this is going on the payday wishlist. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭Looking Glass

I never got the original Naked palette, so I'm looking forward to getting this one. Might get it next week or the week after.

A quick search for 'urban decay naked palette comparison' gave me a few sites with side by side image comparisons, like

http://www.temptalia.com/urban-decay-naked-1-vs-naked-2-palette-dupes-comparison-swatches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

I just can't see the hype over the Naked 2 Palette.

The shadows look a bit mis-matched like they'd just been thrown in without any thought. In the original palette the colours go from light to dark and you can clearly see what colours match each other. I think it looks too muddled and disorganised.

I wish they'd put in some darker shades, they all look too light and I'd hoped they would have used more matte shadows as well.

I do like the packaging though.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

OK so I've played with it all weekend and I don't regret buying it at all. I found the 'dark half' of the orginal palette a bit dark for me so the Naked 2 is great in the sense that the colours are a bit more wearable, tone-wise.

I'll go by shade:

1. Foxy
    A bit 'meh' to be honest. It's a very yellow-toned neutral, doesn't really show up. It's very smooth and good for blending, but not really a colour to get too excited about, at all.

2. Half Baked
    Also in the orginal Naked palette. It's a very rich golden colour, has great colour pay-off, WAY too yellow for me to wear alone. It's a bit disappointing that it was repeated in the new palette, very lazy.

3. Booty Call
    Very pale pink/peach highlight, a bit like Virgin with less pink. Really really nice, prefer it in tone to Virgin. Similar consistency. A bit similar to Virgin for my liking all the same.

4. Chopper
    Coppery colour with silver glitter. I happen to like UD's glittery ones, so I like this, but someone who hates their glittery ones is not going to be thrilled with this one since it's kinda chunky.

5. Tease
    2nd matte, a red/purple-undertoned taupe. I really like this colour, it's a good matte which isn't too dark or warm. It's a nice daytime crease colour. May be a little too red for some Irish skintones.

6. Snakebite.
    A slightly darker Smog from the original palette. Very lovely brown. Pity it's so shimmery since tonally its a lovely crease colour. Still a great colour, brilliant payoff.

7. Suspect
    A warmer, less glittery Sidecar from the original palette. I think this colour is really beautiful, a great colour to just wear on its own and still look very 'done'. Very shimmery so it's probably not for everyone, but it's got my approval!

8. Pistol
    Warm, slightly green-toned grey. GORGEOUS. Quite dark but a very glamorous crease colour, especially when paired with...

9. Verve
    Hands down favourite colour of the set. An absolutely beautiful shimmery light greige colour. Just stunning colour, and really lovely on pale skintones. Can imagine this shadow suiting any eye colour. Amazing payoff, really just gorgeous.

10. YDK
    A pinky-toned warm brown. Does have glitter so probably, again, not for everyone. Really appeals to me but I do like glitter.

11. Busted
    Also no complaints here about Busted, a sort of bitter chocolate colour that's not matte, but not 'UD' shimmery. A little bit dark for creasework for me, but it does look great at the lashlines.

12. Blackout
    The final colour and third matte of the set, this is a gloriously opaque black the colour of soot. It's probably one of the best black eyeshadows I've ever seen, and nothing like Creep from the original palette.

The dual-ended brush is pretty impressive. One end has a flat appliction brush which is great for laying down shadows and applying underneath the lower lash line. Stiff but great to pack on colour. The other end is a fluffy blending brush and is very decent quality. Great little blender, and very handy to have both types in the one set. The mirror is great, much bigger than the original, and no warping. The packaging is lovely, like a little tin watercolour pait palette, and very sturdy. The lid clicks in and stays closed. Really sleek packaging of a similar size to the original, but much sturdier.

So overall impressions of the palette is that it is, like a poster above has mentioned, less cohesive than the original, and the quality of the shades has more variance than the original, the more shimmery ones being, in general, superior to the mattes. However, if anyone found the original too warm to work with, the Naked 2 is...not exactly more cool-toned, but a bit less unrelentingly warm-toned than the original. I think the original is great as a collection, whereas the Naked 2 has more eyeshadows which are individually striking. I think that the two sets complement each other fairly well, but not possibly as well as they could, considering that there is one direct duplicate in Half Baked (and I dunno about anyone else but I find it pretty impossible to work with) and a few colours which are very similar e.g., Virgin and Booty Call.

I am thrilled with the set and have had great fun with it, but if I had to recommend one over the other, the original would just pip the sequel to the post because, as a collection, the original one just comes together that bit better. The mattes are better in the original. If it was an issue for you that there were not enough mattes in the original, don't bother with the Naked 2. I love shimmery shadows so it suited me, but I know shimmer is a divisive issue.

Hope this is of any use to people torn about the new palette, and sorry that I don't have any pics to share!

Advertisement