Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric start.

• 09-01-2012 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭

Bike been in the shed for a year .Got it out last week to start it and check it.
    Charged battery now lights and things work but when i press the stater nothing.It starts OK with the kick start.
    My question is I have 12v going to the start button and away from it so where does it go to next(straight to starter motor?)
    To prove starter motor would it be ok to flash 12v directly onto it.(just for a second). The bikes a Sachs 125 scooter type thing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭defike

OK panic over.I've been using a Honda for over a year now and I'd forgotten about the kill switch on the clutch lever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Ah glad u got it sorted.

All motorbike must have a kill switch even Hondas or Yamaha or triumph...:-)

Done it loads of times myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

Happened me a few years ago on a ZX-6R. Was in the process of dismantling the switchgear when I noticed the kill switch. Hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Jackasaurus rex

I disconnected that switch on my vespa when I snapped the clutch cable and had to get home bumping through the gears. ah you cant beat a roadside bodge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Two and a half hours before I realized the kickstand was down. Bike was in bits at that point.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys feeling a little less stupid now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Two and a half hours before I realized the kickstand was down. Bike was in bits at that point.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Did it start with the kick start with the kill switch on? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Did it start with the kick start with the kill switch on? :confused:

It started. But it cut out every time I put it in gear. Was more of a example of overlooking the obvious solution due to sheer stupidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

It started. But it cut out every time I put it in gear. Was more of a example of overlooking the obvious solution due to sheer stupidity.

Sorry, I was asking about the OP. Bike shouldn't start at all with the kill switch on? Side stand makes sense for starting in neutral.

• Advertisement

3 kill switches on bike.
    1 is button on bars
    2 is side stand
    3 is clutch lever.

Number 1 prevents all starting but numbers 2 & 3 only kill the electric starter circuit so it will still start with the kickstart.

Advertisement