Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Checked in Baggage

Options
  • 09-01-2012 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

Sorry now but not sure if there is a trend on this (I used search above but couldn't find one)

I booked with USIT and they told me that the baggage allowance is only 20kg (which sucks) but when I looked up Singapore Airlines they have there baggage at 35KG.

I know Aer Lingus baggage is 20KG but isn't that unfair that I'm forced to carry 20KG because of one ****ty flight to London :mad:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

gudede wrote: »
    Sorry now but not sure if there is a trend on this (I used search above but couldn't find one)

I booked with USIT and they told me that the baggage allowance is only 20kg (which sucks) but when I looked up Singapore Airlines they have there baggage at 35KG.

I know Aer Lingus baggage is 20KG but isn't that unfair that I'm forced to carry 20KG because of one ****ty flight to London :mad:

As you are on one ticket Aer Lingus have an interline agreement and will honour the heavier weight.
    Aerlingus.com

Baggage with other airlines

Aer Lingus will through-check baggage as a courtesy onto any carrier that have a baggage agreement in place, upon presentation of documentation of the itinerary showing Aer Lingus and partner carrier flights on the same ticket. The baggage allowance for these itineraries will be subject to the allowances listed on your ticket. Please contact your local reservations office for further information if you are unsure of applicable baggage allowances.

This includes the following airlines:
    Air China
    Air France
    Air New Zealand
    Alaska Airlines
    American Airlines
    British Airways
    Cathay Pacific
    China Airlines
    Delta Airlines
    Emirates
    Etihad
    Finnair
    Gulf Air
    Iberia
    Japan Airlines
    JetBlue Airways
    Kenya Airways
    KLM
    Malev
    Malaysian
    Martin Air
    Northwest
    Qantas
    Qatar Airways
    South African Airways
    Singapore Airlines
    Sri Lankan Airlines
    Thai Airlines
    United Airlines
    US Airways
    Virgin Atlantic (only if on same ticket)

Please be aware that Aer Lingus will no longer check bags all the way through if a passenger has a separate ticket with another airline even if they provide the separate tickets at check-in. The only time this will be done is if they are connecting Aer Lingus to Aer Lingus.
    If a passenger has a through fare/tickets they will be checked in to their end destination as well as their bags.

However Singapore Airlines do not have a 35kg baggage allowance for economy passengers and they only allow you 20kgs. Unless you are flying first class then you are limited anyway. Emirates offer the best baggage alowance with 30kgs on their flights. Singapore Air are extremely expensive to fly with and they don't even bother to give decent baggage allowance, they apparently do a great service but for the money and the allowance you receive its not worth it.

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/travel-information/baggage-allowances/

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

Baggage weight limitations

If you are travelling to and from Australia, Brunei, New Zealand, South Africa, Sri Lanka, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom, please note that, in accordance with local Occupational Health Safety rules, each of your checked bags cannot exceed 32 kg.

Sorry I just read this bit and presumed :o I also presume that USIT booked economy for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Stinicker wrote: »
    As you are on one ticket Aer Lingus have an interline agreement and will honour the heavier weight.

However Singapore Airlines do not have a 35kg baggage allowance for economy passengers and they only allow you 20kgs. Unless you are flying first class then you are limited anyway. Emirates offer the best baggage alowance with 30kgs on their flights. Singapore Air are extremely expensive to fly with and they don't even bother to give decent baggage allowance, they apparently do a great service but for the money and the allowance you receive its not worth it.

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/travel-information/baggage-allowances/

This link provided says 32kg, where did you see 20kg?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Im flying Singapore too. An economy ticket or whatever the cheapest one the have is is 20kg. The 32kg costs more, so get yourself a more expensive ticket and you'll get your extra weight.

Noo wrote: »
    Im flying Singapore too. An economy ticket or whatever the cheapest one the have is is 20kg. The 32kg costs more, so get yourself a more expensive ticket and you'll get your extra weight.

Are you going economy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Yep economy. Its says right there on the Singapore site that its 20kg for economy. I do agree it is a bit stingy.

Ah i see it now, yes quite stingy!

Advertisement