Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunboyne 4 Mile race 25/03/2012

Options
  • 09-01-2012 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭

Looks like the registration has opened for this at http://www.dunboynerun.com/

This and the Operation Transformation 5K were my favourite races last year.

Last years thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dunboyne AC

On line entry available at

http://www.dunboynerun.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Anybody else having trouble registering for this? Keep getting redirected to an error page...

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭runrabbit

beeduybe wrote: »
    Anybody else having trouble registering for this? Keep getting redirected to an error page...
    I just registered without any problems. This is a great race - I'm looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭beeduybe

Seems to be working in Internet Explorer but not Firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Signed up again today, This is a nice little 4 miler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mattser

Dry, settled weather for Sunday with temps in mid teens. Perfect. Really looking forward to thisgreat annual event.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭paulb79

does anyone know what distance the kids run is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

paulb79 wrote: »
    does anyone know what distance the kids run is

800m and 1500m I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dunboyne AC

Online entry closes midnight on Friday 23rd at €15. Entries will be taken on the day at €20.

Former winner Joe Sweeney will be taking part this year after winning in 2010 but won't have it all his own way with sub-4 minute mile man Paul Robinson also in the field.

Numbers/ Chips can be collected at the Community Centre from 12:30. Note that the start is approx 1km from the Community Centre so please leave time to get to the start. Race starts at 15:00.

Juvenile races start at 14:00 with U12 running 800m and U15 running 1500m. Medals for all finishers in juvenile races, €2 entry on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Where are the results from previous years? That bugs the **** out of me, what is the problem with having easy access to results archive, are they a state secret or something?

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

tunguska wrote: »
    Where are the results from previous years? That bugs the **** out of me, what is the problem with having easy access to results archive, are they a state secret or something?

Are you thinking of taking down the big man tomorrow?

On a more serious note Joe Sweeney could get the course record of 18.08 tomorrow if the weather is nice.

On a more serious note Joe Sweeney could get the course record of 18.08 tomorrow if the weather is nice.

Weather looks like it'll be perfect so he may well do it. As for me, my goal lies 3 weeks time in the phoenix park so this will just be an exercise in hold-on-ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Anyone any idea what time I would be need to be there at to sign up on the day, might be making a last minute dash up!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭tonyangelino

Id be shocked if he did-this course isnt as fast as the old one. The dual carriageway section takes the stuffing outta ya, especially if you go into the red on the first mile like many seem to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Mulberry

pconn062 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what time I would be need to be there at to sign up on the day, might be making a last minute dash up!

The race starts at 3, it will take you around 10 minutes to walk up from the community centre, plus say 10 minutes to register (in case there's a last minute queue).

I'd say if you get to the community centre by half two you will make it, but I wouldn't leave it any later. Plus you'll need to leave time for parking and walking to the community centre.

This is a great race, you don't want to miss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭paulb79

great race today fair play to all involved, super weather also helped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Big Joe win??

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Great race today, Thanks Dunboyne AC...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Great race but it was a scorcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭gmurran

tang1 wrote: »
    Big Joe win??

Joe Sweeney & Sarah Treacy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭mattser

By god it was hot out there. Well done to all concerned as usual, right down to the goodie bag, and the food in the centre.
    Only gripe was there should have been a few more water stations. Having said that, my first D4 about 10 years ago, had sleet and hailstones in the kisser for 2 miles !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

+1 great race, well done dunboyne AC. Very hot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dingonerd

http://lindienaughton.blogspot.com/2012/03/sweeney-treacy-win-dunboyne-4-mile-plus.html?spref=tw#!/2012/03/sweeney-treacy-win-dunboyne-4-mile-plus.html

A little detail in this blog about todays race

Well done to Dunboyne. Up to their usual high standards..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Rosie35

Are the results up yet for the Dunboyne mile today?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

Rosie35 wrote: »
    Are the results up yet for the Dunboyne mile today?:)

The sponsorship deal Dunboyne AC have with the Irish Independent precludes them from publishing the results anywhere else before they are published in print tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

wow, heat must have really played havoc with times today if Sweeney only won in 20.10, is that correct? Would have expected at least a minute quicker (and the rest) from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Yeah shows that Rosemary Ryan time was something else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

YFlyer wrote: »
    Yeah shows that Rosemary Ryan time was something else.
    I thought Sarah Treacy won? :confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement