Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circle Pad Pro For The 3DS

Options
  • 09-01-2012 10:20pm

i have rang all my local game shops (game,gamestop etc) and they have no real info about when the circle pad pro is out nintendo confirmed its coming out with resident evil revelations which is out the 27th of january can someone tell me if any of yere local shops have confirmed its coming because i want to get it in store not online

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I'm seeing February everywhere online. But Zavvi are offering a bundle, so maybe it'll show up a bit sooner: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-05-resident-evil-revelations-3ds-circle-pad-pro-bundle-exclusive-to-zavvi

I don't see why they'd ship Circle Pad bundles and not Circle Pads on their own!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I was still holding out that this ugly POS would be aborted like it deserves to be...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I was still holding out that this ugly POS would be aborted like it deserves to be...

It won't be aborted but when they've sold enough of them they'll announced a new 3DS with the pads built in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

It's completely optional.
    No games will require it.

I'll see what the reviews say. I'm not too fussed, but I'll get one if improves the gameplay experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

/\/ollog wrote: »
    It's completely optional.
    No games will require it.

unfortunatly it is not true. the hole reason it will be out, because they did a booboo with 3ds.

if i am remember this right monster hunter game for 3ds comes in a bundle with that yoke.

its a must for snake eater, monster hunter and new resident evil game. ( not 100% sure on last one )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

After it came up in A&R I preordered my Resi:Revelations with the circlepad attachment from Zavvi, worked out, with postage to be 40 euro or so.
    Happy with that.
    I'm hoping some patching to older titles will add circle pad support and enhance the gameplay.
    The important thing is the extra circlepad, surely soon to part of a redesign, will free the console from one of the core issues hounding it and the Wii, the lack of a second analogue controller really hampers a next gen device.
    Perhaps a patch for Zelda OoT?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

But the N64 only had one analogue stick!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

unfortunatly it is not true. the hole reason it will be out, because they did a booboo with 3ds.

if i am remember this right monster hunter game for 3ds comes in a bundle with that yoke.

its a must for snake eater, monster hunter and new resident evil game. ( not 100% sure on last one )

Nope.

(on all counts)

Andy!! wrote: »
    Nope.

That was amazing and very constructive post.

If I dare to ask such a humble thing: can you explain and give a link to prove me wrong. If I am wrong then fair play, and I will be only happy not to use that ugly horrible thing on my 3ds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Nollog

Yeah but it's not required to play Monster Hunter 3/4, Metal Gear Solid 3D, Resident Evil Revelations, or Kid Icarus Uprising.
    Those games are confirmed to let you use it, but you can play them fine without it.

No game requires it so far.
    When the re-design comes out with it built in, there probably will be games requiring it.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm hoping some patching to older titles will add circle pad support and enhance the gameplay.
    The important thing is the extra circlepad, surely soon to part of a redesign, will free the console from one of the core issues hounding it and the Wii, the lack of a second analogue controller really hampers a next gen device.
    You can't patch games unless you want to mail people new carts, or program them to enable patching from the start.
    And I dunno how one analogue stick hampers "nextgen" gameplay, I hate dual-stick FPS games, they control like poop imo.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

That was amazing and very constructive post.

If I dare to ask such a humble thing: can you explain and give a link to prove me wrong. If I am wrong then fair play, and I will be only happy not to use that ugly horrible thing on my 3ds.

No game requires it. I agree its ugly and not worth buying, but you are saying that games require it. You are incorrect.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well apparently Monster Hunter 3D is all but but unplayable without it. Edge preview this month calls the non circle pad controls seriously ineffective.

Well apparently Monster Hunter 3D is all but but unplayable without it. Edge preview this month calls the non circle pad controls seriously ineffective.

well that was what i thought about.

they have to add the controls with no second stick, but in reality its just to tick the box. In reality you will NEED that damn addon to play games properly.

100% next 3DS that will come out will have that thing built in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Monster Hunter Tri was all but unplayable unless you had a Classic Controller Pro, after all. No reason it would be any different now!

With the option available, I can see many developers utilising it to create 'ideal' control schemes. If you can have a better controlling game, why wouldn't you? But it's unlikely that Nintendo will allow it to be mandatory until at least a hardware revision. It's like their refusal to allow a game to rely on 3D - they're unwilling to leave anyone behind. Accessibility is to be welcomed on one hand (especially when the peripheral is so fugly), but is certainly a restriction.

i am downloading demo for that new resident evil game on 3ds, i will see how it works with one stick only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I can't wait to get one, I find the current unit way too small and it should give me something to rest on. My hand cramps up after a few games of mario kart!

just played demo of resident evil revalations just with one stick.

i have to say it plays fine, in fact it felt better then xbox controller for me... somehow i could newer get used to fecking re5 on controller.

i dont know how it will work with 2 sticks. that thing adds 2 more bumper buttons too?

one thing is for sure, i am buying that RE game, its flipping awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

One of the monster hunter nuts on 8-4's podcast said he prefers playing without it. You can use the virtual dpad as a camera or map items to it.

Interesting... hardcore portable Monster Hunter fans have certainly had a lot of time to adjust to one analogue controls, though.

I do think that for a lot of players two analogue sticks/pads is the most pleasant way to play three dimensional games. It's not quite an insurmountable problem, but I do think it opens up a lot of possibilities. Peace Walker, to take on example, just about got past the problem, but would have been hugely improved with the simple addition of a right stick.

Shame the piece of hardware that allows it on 3DS is so ugly! But hey, if it works, it works.

• Advertisement

megaten wrote: »
    One of the monster hunter nuts on 8-4's podcast said he prefers playing without it. You can use the virtual dpad as a camera or map items to it.

i have to add to this: touch screen helps out 3DS in resident evil game a lot! i just wish it would be more responsive and maybe for next 3ds revision, they could use a better touchscreen like on modern phones? so that instead of stylus you could use your thumb for fast swaps etc. even now i use my thumb on that touchscreen to swap weapons or menus and its super handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

resident evil revelations 3ds is out this friday 27th of January and its arriving with adapter call the Circle Pad Pro, together for €42.99 in HMV, ive ask Game and Smyths and they have no idea its coming with the Circle Pad Pro until friday, if coming out on its in Smyths with the the Circle Pad Pro i get it there, because when the 3ds games arrive in Smyths they are usual for the lunch week they are usual €35.99 with smyths card or €39.99 without smyths card,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

there is chance to win a Nintendo 3ds and, just register any two games selected and the selected games are resident evil revelations 3ds, Super Mario 3D Land, mario kart 7, tetris 3ds or super pokemon rumble at at http://www.nintendo.co.uk/, comp link http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/games_registration_reward/index.php?locale=en_GB b4 31st of January and its open to all Europe including ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

just played demo of resident evil revalations just with one stick.

How did you get the demo? Couldn't see any demos in the online shop

rickyjb wrote: »
    How did you get the demo? Couldn't see any demos in the online shop

it was on front page in the nintendo shop. check it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

i have to add to this: touch screen helps out 3DS in resident evil game a lot! i just wish it would be more responsive and maybe for next 3ds revision, they could use a better touchscreen like on modern phones? so that instead of stylus you could use your thumb for fast swaps etc. even now i use my thumb on that touchscreen to swap weapons or menus and its super handy.

A capacitive touch screen might not be accurate enough for a low resolution screen like the 3ds's.

Advertisement