Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Food Marketing and Entrepreneurship

• 09-01-2012 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm in sixth year now and I am looking into the Food Marketing and Entrepreneurship course.

Could anybody please tell me about the course? I have heard loads about the course from lecturers about the content but I would love the opinion from a current student.

I am doing Home Ec and Biology but no business subject.
    I would love to do Home Ec teaching in Sligo but I really don't want to travel all the way to Sligo (I'm from Cork)

Please and Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭mezzdon

Hey I know this is a month late but I am doing food marketing and entrepreneurship and I'll just warn you that there is a serious amount of science in it! It is a really hard degree but the actual food marketing module is really interesting. That is the only business subject you will be doing. Chemistry, Food Science, Microbiology, Maths, Law, Accountancy, Food Marketing, Communications and Economics that is what you will be doing. To be honest it is so different and not related that it is a lot like doing the leaving all over again.. study study study towards exams. There is a positive, that you will get a job from the degree. The industry is booming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 gladiators

Hi I would like to know more about this course aswell. What do you find hard about the course and how many hours a week is there??

gladiators wrote: »
    Hi I would like to know more about this course aswell. What do you find hard about the course and how many hours a week is there??

It averages from about 25 to 30 hours a week. There are quite a few projects involved in it and in the food marketing you do a dragons den project where you are working for a company and have to come up with a new product and concept that will move the company forward. The law is a killer, you are in with commerce and study European law among others.

It is a hard course but seriously, the food industry is where this country is going. The dairy sector is going to expand 50% in the next four years so you will get a job with this degree and you can go anywhere in the world with it and be paid really well!

If you are thinking of doing it I'll give you a huge piece of advice, start now doing tutorials on khanacademy.org in chemistry and economics and maths.. it will give you a huge advantage and you will know what they are talking about.

Advertisement