Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung smart tv Netflix app?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Dantonio

I bought the samsung ue55d8000 today :D and netflicxs is installed but says it needs to be updated. The update fails every time even though I am connected to the internet via the TVs wifi. So no Netflixs here either. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 grd09

Dantonio wrote: »
    I bought the samsung ue55d8000 today :D and netflicxs is installed but says it needs to be updated. The update fails every time even though I am connected to the internet via the TVs wifi. So no Netflixs here either. :(

You probably need to update the TV's firmware first before running the NetFlix update, just check the samsung website for the latest updates, if one is available then download to usb key and connect to the tv.

Then on the tv run the check for updates which will commence the update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 OYAD666

Has anybody problems getting acetrax playing on samsung smart 7000 series. i've upgraded to the latest 1020.2 now all i get is a blank screen like as if i'm waiting for the film to start left it on for 15 mins but nothing....any suggestions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Chimo29

can anyone please tell me why netflix cant be got on any Samsung smart DVD player yet? I just don't understand why these high end devices dont have something similar to Android built into them or something as good.
    Its obviously the ideal thing to allow netflix in and in sop many other devices in the states you can get it.
    So any news as to why or if its coming etc? its so frustrating after spending so much money on a high end 3d tv and 3d bluray player but i still cant get it. I didn't even think id haver to question it when buying them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

I've got the UE46C7000 and Acetrax doesn't work properly. I was able to signup, but haven't been able to actually use it to watch anything

As for Netflix - no sign of the app at all and as far as I can tell I'm on the latest version of the firmware etc., (at least the update isn't throwing any errors, so I assume it's up to date)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Dazzling D

Netflix is only on the Samsung D8000, D7000 and newer sets and blu-ray players I believe. Netflix can't be backported.

Acetrax is a disaster. Lots of movies listed and you click to watch but then it says it's unavailable. Bit of a con.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jamescc

has there been any update on the netflix app.
    i have the samsung ue40d6530 says on the label on the back of the tv but when i go to
    menu>support>contact samsung
    it gives model code ue40d6500 which one do you go by. and does anyone else have this setup

two new apps on the eu40d3650 3D smart tv, not much use do. still no netflix

Last year's models won't ever get Netflix apart from D8000 and D7000

Dazzling D wrote: »
    Last year's models won't ever get Netflix apart from D8000 and D7000
    Where did you hear this give a link
    It is a joke as this was one of the reasons for buying this tv

• Advertisement

jamescc wrote: »
    Where did you hear this give a link
    It is a joke as this was one of the reasons for buying this tv

The older TVs won't have it as they are not capable of it - just like other people are complaining about other brands in other threads. This is a Netflix thing and not the manufacturer's fault. I'd be extremely surprised if there was ever any official mention of Netflix coming to this set either before or after you purchased it.

i got in touch with samsung the other day. i have a samsung eu40d3650.
    here is there response regarding netflix app:

DearJames,

Thank you for contacting Samsung and I have pleasure in providing the followingassistance.

I am sorry this information is not more available to you. I understand that thissituation must be frustrating.

I am afraid that Netflix has only released an app that the D7000 and D8000televisions are capable of supporting.

At some point Netflix may release an app that lower specification Samsungtelevisions and players are capable of supporting, but I am afraid that we haveno information on this at present.

I am sorry I couldn't be of more help.

If you require any further assistance, please contact Samsung again and we willbe more than happy to help.

Kind regards,

Linda
    Online Support Team
    SAMSUNG Customer Support Centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭skinny90

DearJames,

Thank you for contacting Samsung and I have pleasure in providing the followingassistance.

I am sorry this information is not more available to you. I understand that thissituation must be frustrating.

I am afraid that Netflix has only released an app that the D7000 and D8000televisions are capable of supporting.

At some point Netflix may release an app that lower specification Samsungtelevisions and players are capable of supporting, but I am afraid that we haveno information on this at present.

If you require any further assistance, please contact Samsung again and we willbe more than happy to help.

Kind regards,

Linda
    Online Support Team
    Where did you buy the tv...did the salesperson say it would have netflix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

i remember reading in some of the what tv /home cinema magazines last year that anything less than 7000 series samsung would not support netflix, so it was well known, i even posted that info somewhere on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

samsung tvs are pure utter crap!ive the 7 series too and very little works right on it!! i posted this on anothr thread...peoples...dont buy samsung tvs as they are cheaply made!!:mad:

skinny90 wrote: »

DearJames,

Kind regards,

Linda
    Online Support Team
    Where did you buy the tv...did the salesperson say it would have netflix
    I got it out of curries and I can't remember if the sales guy said that it could get Netflix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Hello folks, I was getting the error message below on my new Samsung TV.

"we`re unable to connect you to netflix. please try again or visit www.netflix.com/tvhelp."

I noticed that the "Netflix ESN" was showing as "Not support" when you go into
    Tools -> Setting -> About Smart Hub.

I tried updating the firmware to version 1025 (which appeared on the Netflix site yesteday) but it made no difference at the time.

Today I tried it again and it's working! I also noticed the Netflix ESN now has a number.

Hope that helps someone.

LillySV wrote: »
    samsung tvs are pure utter crap!ive the 7 series too and very little works right on it!! i posted this on anothr thread...peoples...dont buy samsung tvs as they are cheaply made!!:mad:

Amen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Belfunk

LillySV wrote: »

I have the 7 series and i can't really said i've ever head a problem with it. I use RTE Player and Netflix (both US & IE) nightly.Stream from my home server and the odd time play video files from USB.

I think the tv is fantastic it plays every file format i throw at it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

I finally got Netflix working on my UE46D7000 - I had to do two things:

1. Set the time manually on the TV, I had originally selected Auto but the time wasn't set.

2. Set DNS to 8.8.8.8 (Google's DNS Server)

Did both of these and everything works perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 ko28

Sorry to revive this thread but I'm also having issues with Netflix on my Samsung PN58C7000.When I go to my app and highlight the Netflix app nothing happen when I press to access the app,in other words it doesn't respond just stay highlighted.I have reset the tv to the out of the box state and did the updates but nothing.I will appreciate any help,thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

kelly1 wrote: »
    Hello folks, I was getting the error message below on my new Samsung TV.

"we`re unable to connect you to netflix. please try again or visit www.netflix.com/tvhelp."

I noticed that the "Netflix ESN" was showing as "Not support" when you go into
    Tools -> Setting -> About Smart Hub.

I tried updating the firmware to version 1025 (which appeared on the Netflix site yesteday) but it made no difference at the time.

Today I tried it again and it's working! I also noticed the Netflix ESN now has a number.

Hope that helps someone.

Thanks for that! I updated the firmware yesterday to the latest version on my 40ES5500 and now have Netflix working.

Thanks for that! I updated the firmware yesterday to the latest version on my 40ES5500 and now have Netflix working.
    Good stuff! :) What error were you getting beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

kelly1 wrote: »
    Good stuff! :) What error were you getting beforehand?

The same one as you. "we`re unable to connect you to netflix. please try again or visit www.netflix.com/tvhelp."

Didn't bother me too much as I have Netflix on my PS3 but handier to be able to just click the Smart Hub button for it now instead!

Have had to help my mate with his Samsung set and it was a DNS settings problem. I've never seen this with any other brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 conmac

Hi all,

Apologies for opening this thread again but does anyone on here have a copy of the version 1025 firmware. My parents bought a Samsung es5500 today pretty much solely for Netflix and they are very disappointed to hear it is not compatible. If someone had it, maybe they could put in dropbox or zip mail it.

I would be very grateful if someone could help with this.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

i could be wrong here but i thought any thing below a 7000 series samsung would not do netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 6 conmac

dharn wrote: »
    i could be wrong here but i thought any thing below a 7000 series samsung would not do netflix

Cheers for the response but I called back to my parents today to hear my father had deleted the netflix app. I didn't think this was possible but upon re-installing it, Netflix works perfectly. Parents are delighted with and no need for a firmware downgrade.

Thanks for the response.

dharn wrote: »

No, it's working fine on my UE37ES5500 after a f/w upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 bikelady353

Spent hours this week getting Netflix app working on Samsung D7000 series. When click on app, it tells you you must upgrade firmware; when try to upgrade firmware "by online" it tells you there is no new upgrade available. Our problem was that the firmware was so old it was not able to update "by online". The firmware had "018" in the description, and it needs to be at least "021". We are now at "025". You have to update from a USB stick. Go to samsung.com/ie and enter TV model number, make your way to "support", then "need more downloadable files" then to "firmware". Download the file (need a PC, not a Mac as is .exe!). Unpack the file to a USB, insert in TV, then under Menu, choose the last option (can't remember what it is) and Update software, choose "by USB" and everything should work... 10 minutes later have functioning Netflix :D! IMPORTANT: make sure you are OUTSIDE SmartHub when you try to upgrade.

Advertisement