Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend parking

Options
  • 09-01-2012 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi. I travel across to dublin every second weekend and to save on fuel, tolls etc etc I was thinking of starting to use the bus. However the problem is that I live a bit outside the city so instead of getting a taxi in to the bus stop on friday evening and a taxi back home on a sunday evening, i was wondering if there is somewhere that I can park my car for the weekend which would be less than the return taxi fare of around €20?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭glen25

I saw a sign along Bohermore at the weekend where weekly parking is €7. Don't know how safe and secure it is but would be no harm to take a look. Might even be cheaper at weekend and not far from bus station too. On the left as u head out of city

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Most Dublin buses except possibly the express ones stop at GMIT. Park in an estate like Mervue, Renmore, LurganPk, WellPark and walk to GMIT bus stop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Salthill is free. So are Newcastle and Mervue Renmore and the Liosbán.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Most Dublin buses except possibly the express ones stop at GMIT. Park in an estate like Mervue, Renmore, LurganPk, WellPark and walk to GMIT bus stop.

None of the express buses (the only ones worth getting if you're going all the way to Dublin), stop at GMIT.

OP ... do you have any friends who live closer to the city, and could let you park at their place?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

uinseann22 wrote: »
    Hi. I travel across to dublin every second weekend and to save on fuel, tolls etc etc I was thinking of starting to use the bus. However the problem is that I live a bit outside the city so instead of getting a taxi in to the bus stop on friday evening and a taxi back home on a sunday evening, i was wondering if there is somewhere that I can park my car for the weekend which would be less than the return taxi fare of around €20?
    Thanks
    Go-Bus supply parking at their bus station for a fiver for the day.:D its a fully secure underground carpark underneath the bus station. (DO NOT LOSE your bus ticket as you will need it to exit the carpark.otherwise FULL rate will apply!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 uinseann22

glen25 wrote: »
    I saw a sign along Bohermore at the weekend where weekly parking is €7. Don't know how safe and secure it is but would be no harm to take a look. Might even be cheaper at weekend and not far from bus station too. On the left as u head out of city
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    The parking on Bohermore sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out when I'm in town at the weekend. Also, I didn't realise that Gobus supply parking. Thanks.

One of my friends thought they saw a sign down near the docks for cheap weekend parking. Anyone know anything about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 GALWAY GIRLEEN

Where is the best place to park overnight and is a reasonable rate and how long can you stay there???

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Hatchet89

Weylin wrote: »
    Go-Bus supply parking at their bus station for a fiver for the day.:D its a fully secure underground carpark underneath the bus station. (DO NOT LOSE your bus ticket as you will need it to exit the carpark.otherwise FULL rate will apply!)

Is this true? This would be very useful as I'm travelling with go-bus tomorrow morning and have no idea what to do with the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

You could park at the cathedral or dyke road car park, both 5min walk from the station and if you park after 6.30pm friday then you'll only need to pay 4euro for saturday (Sunday is free)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

magentas wrote: »
    You could park at the cathedral or dyke road car park, both 5min walk from the station and if you park after 6.30pm friday then you'll only need to pay 4euro for saturday (Sunday is free)

An old thread I know, but same topic. Does the same apply to the carpark at the sportsground? Leave car in on Friday evening, pay €4 to cover Saturday and collect Sunday?
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The Pay and Display parking spaces on NUIG campus are free after 5pm on weekdays and free all day and night at weekends. Its about a ten minute walk from the campus to Eyre Square.

Advertisement