Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D.I.Y. AI rules

• 09-01-2012 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Lads im thinking of doing the AI course but are you tied to doing only your own with it or could you do one for the neigbour etc. if he was stuck just wondering..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Highland

Your permission is tied to herd numbers. So you can apply for permission to AI in your Herd and you neighbours if you apply. But you can't AI for other herds

• Registered Users Posts: 47 24_7

I did the diy course in May and was working abroad so I havent felt the back end of a cow since then until a month ago.
    I'd say you could try it, if it was a favour for a neighbour and not a local business venture, but if it was me, I would only do my own cattle, as I wouldnt have the confidence, skill and the knowledge of bulls to attempt a neighbours.
    I found it difficult enough to get the hang of, so thats why I'd say above. Would practise on a few more of my own first before trying anyone elses.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭dasheriff

thanks lads thats all i was wondering<i dont plan on doing it for anyone else really im just trying to see is it worth it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

personally i think its a far better job for the farmer to do his own AI rather than be waiting for a technican etc. so if you are commited go for it. but if you are not prepared to do heat detection AI is a was of time. detection is the most important part of the job.

as others have said your not allowed do it outside your own place
    but far as i know there is no link up between AI companies and the national database to detect if AI has been carried out where there was no registered technician involved.

Advertisement