Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lettings advertised as "Student Accommodation"

Options
  • 09-01-2012 11:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I seen this on daft alot. I know it means they only want students, but I'm just wondering why? Iv only recently finished college so I'm quiet young. I was planning on moving but on a tight enough budget at the moment. If landlords wanted to rent surely they accept non students and professionals, or it just a matter of "Depends on the landlord".

Sorry If this is a stupid question

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

nuxxx wrote: »
    Hey, I seen this on daft alot. I know it means they only want students, but I'm just wondering why? Iv only recently finished college so I'm quiet young. I was planning on moving but on a tight enough budget at the moment. If landlords wanted to rent surely they accept non students and professionals, or it just a matter of "Depends on the landlord".

Sorry If this is a stupid question

Thanks
    Is it possible that they are adverts for Section 50 accommodation? If that's the case, then they are not allowed to rent to anyone other than students.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i usually take it to mean "this place is a kip" or "everything except the kitchen has been turned into a bedroom"

didnt know about section 50 though

Advertisement