Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Ibiza

Options
  • 10-01-2012 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Im going to Ibiza in June to work for the summer, Ive been there twice before in the last 2 years on Holidays and fell in love with the place.
    Ive already gotten a job sorted but need somewhere to stay. Ive never lived anywhere on my own before so I need help on looking for apartments! Has anyone ever lived there before? Whats the cost of rent etc i should be looking at?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Moved from Travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

what sort of job did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 0rLA

Piriz wrote: »
    what sort of job did you get?

A rep for Carl Cox and Come together at Space !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

0rLA wrote: »
    A rep for Carl Cox and Come together at Space !

You mean one of those people who hand our fliers on the street?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 0rLA

Bluefoam wrote: »
    You mean one of those people who hand our fliers on the street?

Yeah except theres a wage aswell as comission !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 dmccart7

Hi Orla me and my mate are headin out for the season the last week of May. Weve booked a crappy hotel for a week to give us time to sort out an apartment and a job, just wondering how did ya go about gettin d club rep job for space?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bobh2011

Hi Orla,
    Are you going to be working in San Antonio, Ibiza town or Playa D'en Bossa?
    Rentals in Ibiza town will be quite a lot higher then in San An. The most popular way if going on your own is meeting up with other reps and sharing.
    Around San Antonio I have seen 3 beds for €600pm so if you could find some to share you save a lot.
    Ibiza spotlight have links to a good few apartments but you might want to be sitting down. I have a friend that works in real estate on the island and I will find out what are the current going rates but they will be high as its a short term let no matter where you look.
    I have been told about a family run hostel that is more hotel like that charge around €26 per room per night but is very good might be an option.
    Be aware and happens very regularly with reps on the island they get most stuff paid for (food, drink and bed) but little to no money for themselves.

Apartments
    http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/hotel-guide/apartments_san_antonio_i.htm

Hostel
    http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Hostal-Marino/Ibiza/32360

Advertisement