Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joey Barton Twitter

• 10-01-2012 12:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭

What is wrong with this guy? For an average journeyman player who is more famous for his off field antics than anything he's ever done on the pitch he sure knows how to tweet a load of shoite. Latest comment tonight

If ur English, u play for England. If ur English and sh*t, u pretend ur Irish grand parentage matters to u and play for Ireland!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Its true...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Makes sense tbf.
    He does come out with some crap from time to time but its hilarious seen him trying to be a calm peaceful person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Post the rest of his tweets on the topic and you might paint a more balanced picture.

I have actually warmed to the guy over the last while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Am going to abstain for a week, see what the withdrawal symptoms are like. Have a nice week people. Spk soon x
    2 hours ago

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton
    Right am off, might have a little sabbatical from twitter for a while. Boring the tits off me now.
    2 hours ago

Can I just say u could substitute the word "irish" in my nationality statements with any of the home countries. Nothing against the irish...
    2 hours ago

If u follow me to abuse me ur wasting ur time, go and bore someone else. Please unfollow.......
    2 hours ago

@themichaelowen hahaha why do people think that's abusing u bothers u. Is their life that sad?
    2 hours ago

I couldn't play for Ireland as am not Irish, not rocket science. Forget my grandparents, I'M NOT Irish. If I was, I off declared myself 4 em
    2 hours ago

@Notjosephbarton correct, who r u by the way. Quite amusing, I do find u occasionally.
    2 hours ago

"Shallow men believe in luck and superstition. Strong men believe in cause and effect."
    2 hours ago

I care neither for ur comments, ur praise, ur critique, ur attitudes, ur life stories or any other nonsense u choose to bore me with.......
    2 hours ago

I have worked out that I probably love about 12 people in the world, I like about 35, I don't mind about 100, the rest of u, well can jog on
    2 hours ago

and I'm not good enough to play for the country I'm from. Bore off. Play for the country ur from, if ur not good enough like me, work harder
    2 hours ago

I'd rather have my 1 England cap and be forever yearning more than take somebody from that countries chance away because my nans from their
    2 hours ago
    »

If ur English, u play for England. If ur English and sh*t, u pretend ur Irish grand parentage matters to u and play for Ireland!
    2 hours ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Kinda glad he's not irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

How can such average player tweet so much crap? Trying to look intelligent by quoting other people and thinks he's some sort of angel. Every club he's left has done better without him.

Ah sure after reading all the tweets then there's no problem. Sure he said if he could have then he would have claimed Irish grandparents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If Ireland were so crap how come in the last 5 games we played them we beat England twice and drew other three.:pac::pac::pac::pac:

On your bike Joey!!

seanybiker wrote: »
    Ah sure after reading all the tweets then there's no problem. Sure he said if he could have then he would have claimed Irish grandparents.

No, he says despite his grandparents, he personally isnt Irish.
    If Ireland were so crap how come in the last 5 games we played them we beat England twice and drew other three.:pac::pac::pac::pac:

On your bike Joey!!

He doesnt claim that either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

He was having a go at Matt Holland because he said something negative about him on a radio show. Who does he think he is? Pathetic

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Am going to abstain for a week, see what the withdrawal symptoms are like. Have a nice week people. Spk soon x
    2 hours ago

Right am off, might have a little sabbatical from twitter for a while. Boring the tits off me now.
    2 hours ago

Can I just say u could substitute the word "irish" in my nationality statements with any of the home countries. Nothing against the irish...
    2 hours ago

If u follow me to abuse me ur wasting ur time, go and bore someone else. Please unfollow.......
    2 hours ago

@themichaelowen hahaha why do people think that's abusing u bothers u. Is their life that sad?
    2 hours ago

I couldn't play for Ireland as am not Irish, not rocket science. Forget my grandparents, I'M NOT Irish. If I was, I off declared myself 4 em
    2 hours ago

@Notjosephbarton correct, who r u by the way. Quite amusing, I do find u occasionally.
    2 hours ago

"Shallow men believe in luck and superstition. Strong men believe in cause and effect."
    2 hours ago

I care neither for ur comments, ur praise, ur critique, ur attitudes, ur life stories or any other nonsense u choose to bore me with.......
    2 hours ago

I have worked out that I probably love about 12 people in the world, I like about 35, I don't mind about 100, the rest of u, well can jog on
    2 hours ago

and I'm not good enough to play for the country I'm from. Bore off. Play for the country ur from, if ur not good enough like me, work harder
    2 hours ago

I'd rather have my 1 England cap and be forever yearning more than take somebody from that countries chance away because my nans from their
    2 hours ago
    »

2 hours ago

That is the important one.

. Forget my grandparents, I'M NOT Irish. If I was, I off declared myself 4 em

I presume he was say he would of declared.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Dozyart

his twitter is brilliant....as with most things,people who dont agree with him think its all shoite!!He says what he feels and doesnt beat around the bush......

I'd see it as the opposite. Doesn't matter where my grandparents are from, it's about where I'm from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What is wrong with this guy? For an average journeyman player who is more famous for his off field antics than anything he's ever done on the pitch he sure knows how to tweet a load of shoite. Latest comment tonight

Ah poor aul Joey. Who rattled his cage now?

He really is a saddo. A twit really, not a tweet

He must be on the beer again tonight. He's quite mental. Poor soul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

HJoey7Barton Joseph Barton
    2 hours ago

Is my favorite, completely right imo.

Still remember one of the Charlton era "Irishmen" in the BBC/ITV studio during a recent championship happily saying "we" about England.

bohsman wrote: »
    No, he says despite his grandparents, he personally isnt Irish.

He doesnt claim that either.

He sure does.:p

"If ur English, u play for England. If ur English and sh*t, u pretend ur Irish grand parentage matters to u and play for Ireland!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Or infact...he would HAVE declared...

He sure does.:p

"If ur English, u play for England. If ur English and sh*t, u pretend ur Irish grand parentage matters to u and play for Ireland!"

No he doesn't. Fact is Clinton Morrison and the likes were never getting called up for England so they declared for Ireland. Not the same as saying that Ireland are ****e.

• Advertisement

bohsman wrote: »
    No he doesn't. Fact is Clinton Morrison and the likes were never getting called up for England so they declared for Ireland. Not the same as saying that Ireland are ****e.

But he claims that England got beat against **** players before. So yes he does.

Simple.:D

vicwatson wrote: »

Exactly....I'd of...auto correct probably turned it into I off.

Forgot I was in creative writing forum here.

It's ok for Irish people to follow English footie and claim that all things Irish football are **** but if an English person says it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Would have, not of

Ah poor aul Joey. Who rattled his cage now?

He really is a saddo. A twit really, not a tweet

He must be on the beer again tonight. He's quite mental. Poor soul
    That beer comment is uncalled for. Do you say that about all recovering alcoholics with a slightly controversial statement? Sad really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭CSF

He is completely right to be fair.

In all fairness joeys turned him self around, fair play to the lad. Defiantly improved his game or at-least he got more recognition on the pitch when all the off the pitch episodes stopped.

Forgot I was in creative writing forum here.
    Well you did attempt to correct Joey Barton first!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

killwill wrote: »
    That beer comment is uncalled for. Do you say that about all recovering alcoholics with a slightly controversial statement? Sad really.

Joey Barton's not an alcoholic though. He just acted like an arsehole when he was drunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I definitely respect his opinion with this. If I was a professional footballer, I would find it difficult to play for anyone other than Ireland regardless of where my grandparents are from. He feels the same way about England and he is perfectly entitled to. His point about English players with Irish grannies taking places from genuine Irish players is a valid one. It's a tricky one for me as I would rather see fully Irish players but I also want to see the Irish team do well so I've accepted the English players who declared for us in the past. But I can certainly understand the viewpoint Barton makes here.

He makes his point using extreme language in order to be funny, calling players "****e" etc but I think most intelligent people can figure out what he really means.

Loved his FM12 tweets today too. :D

'Just had my 1st argument with myself on FM 2012. Gonna have to quit, cos am doing my own head in.'

'FYI @footballmanager I am not born in Runcorn. I am not 5'9 (5'11) and I am not 11st (12st). If ur gonna do it properly...'

He's still a knacker, but he seems more down to earth than most footballers, who are just repeating the same old tired cliches their publicists tell them to say. E.g. Rooney saying "Obviously, ya know, it's all about the three points" after a cup game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

ASOT wrote: »
    HJoey7Barton Joseph Barton
    2 hours ago

Is my favorite, completely right imo.

Do you seriously think that Barton is worried about taking someones place in a team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

He should quit with the resentment for the fact that he isn't good enough for England and never will be. QPR is his level, I'd say he should focus on not getting relegated rather than who is going to play international football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Do you seriously think that Barton is worried about taking someones place in a team?

That's what he said. Don't see any reason not to believe him.

Paparazzo wrote: »

Yes.

• Advertisement

killwill wrote: »
    Well you did attempt to correct Joey Barton first!

I didn't try correct him. I quoted what he said and made a guess at what he meant. Surely someone with your grammar skills should be at least able to read.

Anyways no more off topic chit chat from meself so knock yourself out kid.

What he said was right anyways so personally I don't see any problem with it. After reading all the tweets then its easy to see he meant any country and only used ireland as an example

CSF wrote: »
    He is completely right to be fair.

He's not making a point, he's having a dig. He's annoyed that Matt Holland had a go at him on the radio tonight (anyone know was it a dig at him personally, or was it related to what he did on the pitch?), and his response is to have a personal dig at Matt Holland, and his ability to be a decent pundit despite not being a world class player. Seems out of line to me, if Holland's comments did relate to football matters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

ASOT wrote: »
    In all fairness joeys turned him self around, fair play to the lad. Defiantly improved his game or at-least he got more recognition on the pitch when all the off the pitch episodes stopped.

Sure has, I ave him in my FF from the off and has been an inspiration, but the axe is falling on him this week.

Apparently this all started over something Matt Holland said, is that true??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

He's spot on in fairness, if Scott Parker (or somebody not always looking for attention) said that then nobody would bat an eyelid and rightly so.

If he spent the same amount of time improving his game than he does on twitter he'd be a far better player.

• Advertisement

@mattholland8 heard a few rumours uve been using my name in vain? Hope its not true.......
    3 hours ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The most annoying thing about his tweets tonight is that he and lots of other Brits consider Ireland still to be a 'Home Country'.....that really annoys me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭CSF

tommyhaas wrote: »
    He's not making a point, he's having a dig. He's annoyed that Matt Holland had a go at him on the radio tonight (anyone know was it a dig at him personally, or was it related to what he did on the pitch?), and his response is to have a personal dig at Matt Holland, and his ability to be a decent pundit despite not being a world class player. Seems out of line to me, if Holland's comments did relate to football matters
    Not really. If Barton took exception to what Holland said, whatever it was, he is within his rights to say something back, especially when it is completely true and not exactly overly cruel or personal. If it was the other way around and someone having a go at Barton, people would be calling him a legend, left, right and centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Sorry if it's been mentioned already but apparently his outburst was caused by something Matt Holland said on talksport

there is one tweet missing from the earlier post:
    @mattholland8 heard a few rumours uve been using my name in vain? Hope its not true.......

So this is obviously his way of getting back at Holland for some sort of perceived attack...hence Irish was the first nationality he jumped to..

using my name in vain.....what an utter utter twat he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

He should quit with the resentment for the fact that he isn't good enough for England and never will be. QPR is his level, I'd say he should focus on not getting relegated rather than who is going to play international football.
    FFS, is he not allowed to have an opinion on things? I'd rather listen to him in an interview or read his tweets than Wayne Rooney and the like with their boring clichés and tweets about what they had in Nando's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

tommyhaas wrote: »

Apparently newstalk contacted talksport to see what might have been said and it was all round confusion...

They were talking about QPR and the sacking of Warnock and I think Holland mentioned his name just in passing as captain of the club or something along those lines...:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

I have just sold Barton from my Fantasy Football Team.

Take that you anti Irish BNP union jack waving p**ck

CSF wrote: »
    Not really. If Barton took exception to what Holland said, whatever it was, he is within his rights to say something back, especially when it is completely true and not exactly overly cruel or personal. If it was the other way around and someone having a go at Barton, people would be calling him a legend, left, right and centre.

Depends on what was said really

Matt Hollands response;

mattholland8 Matt Holland
    @Joey7Barton to conclusions or listening to others as to what I am supposed to have said. Good luck for the rest of the season.
    1 hour ago

@Joey7Barton you may not get this tweet as I believe you are taking a break from twitter but I suggest you listen to the show before jumping
    1 hour ago

And by the way was extremely proud and honoured to represent Ireland and wear the green shirt with pride. #comeonyouboysingreen
    1 hour ago

< any twitter row! Goodnight. Oh and welcome to all my new followers
    1 hour ago

Many thanks for all your kind words and support this evening. I genuinely appreciate it and am certainly not interested in getting into >
    1 hour ago

Fair play to him, he remained dignified and this response just makes Barton look worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

El Weirdo wrote: »
    FFS, is he not allowed to have an opinion on things? I'd rather listen to him in an interview or read his tweets than Wayne Rooney and the like with their boring clichés and tweets about what they had in Nando's.

To each their own I suppose, in my view he is controversial for the sake of making headlines, and is an incredibly bitter man, whose profile is only high because he is a criminal and also because he is a perceived "hard man" when he is nothing of the sort

Holland>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Barton

• Advertisement
Advertisement