Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joey Barton Twitter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Except after he was let go, clearly having his usual whinge that everyoen is against him and alluding to people inside the club souring it for him. Barton was replying to Warnocks interview.

The biggest difference here is Warnock was answering direct questions in an interview. (And to be fair, as much as I dislike the man, he was kinda ****ed over after the service he gave them.)

Nobody asked Barton. He just decided to do what he always does - make himself relevant for something other than football, because his football doesn't do that anymore.

Again if he wanted to reply to Warnock he could reply to Warnock. Instead he replied to 1.1 million followers - I bet not one of which is Warnock!

The dude is a joke at this stage. In so many interviews down the years he's said "yeah it's time for me to just get my head down, work hard and show what I can do". And yet, he does the exact opposite, time and time again. There's also a very nice correlation between his violent activities decreasing and his twitter coverage increasing. It's like he just needs people to be talking about him for something.

Id love to know how many times Barton is mentioned for good quality football versus mentions for his attention seeking comments on twitter.

I cringe every time he quotes Friedrich Nietzsche. Thats something i'd expect of a 15 year old emo kid on Facebook, trying to look 'deep' to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭CongoPowers

he was wrong to have a go at Warnock on Twitter.

but I actually like him in a way because he's at least a bit of a character. especially compared to other footballers who feel restricted to endless clichés whenever they speak, rather than actually saying what they feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Michael Owen is trolling Joey Barton on twitter over his interview on Sky Sports after Wimbledon.

/gets popcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Dempsey wrote: »
    Michael Owen is trolling Joey Barton on twitter over his interview on Sky Sports after Wimbledon.

/gets popcorn

Where?

https://twitter.com/themichaelowen/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Didi Hamann ‏@DietmarHamann
    How was first day training Joseph? When I heard QPR making major announcement I thought you may have been arrested again

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Didi Hamann = legend.

Always will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Is that a real account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Is that a real account?

Yup. It's verified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I liked Didi. I like him more now.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

His comment yesterday to Barton and Owen was better;
    daithijjj wrote: »
    AxTfrzPCAAAYgJr.png:medium
    Pair of helmets :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Bit disappointed with Didi there tbh. Strikes me as a decent fella and one not to lower himself to unprovoked cheap shots at a very easy target just to get a bit of publicity. Though if Joey took the first dig, then fair enough.

Maybe Didi is just having the banter with 2 lads he knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Didi followed! Nice to see someone shut Barton up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Dempsey wrote: »
    Maybe Didi is just having the banter with 2 lads he knows
    Think that's what it is tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hes having another go at hamann at the moment on it, its actually pathetic to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Accusing Hamaan of smoking drugs and playing online poker as a way of preparing for games now :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Barton wishes he was half the player Hamann was

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Well that escalated quickly! Cant believe barton went down that route, hamann was right in what he initially said i believe barton just resorted to past personal issues. Hes such a headcase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Putting yourself out there on twitter when you're as big a mess as Hamann is it was always going to be revealed sooner or later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Putting yourself out there on twitter when you're as big a mess as Hamann is it was always going to be revealed sooner or later.

wasn't aware than Hamann has drug and gambling issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

klose wrote: »
    Well that escalated quickly! Cant believe barton went down that route, hamann was right in what he initially said i believe barton just resorted to past personal issues. Hes such a headcase

Hamann has commented on player recruitment at his former clubs, he has been paid by the likes of Sky Sports to do so, as a pundit, on many occassions. But Barton doing it is unacceptable to him? Taking a shot at someone he reckons is an easy target so he can get some nice attention from the public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Wow really sticking the knife in now. Didi on suicide watch tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Hamann has commented on player recruitment at his former clubs, he has been paid by the likes of Sky Sports to do so, as a pundit, on many occassions. But Barton doing it is unacceptable to him? Taking a shot at someone he reckons is an easy target so he can get some nice attention from the public.

Bit of a difference commenting on it from a professional viewpoint than a personal twitter account imo.

Qpr is still his club and paid/still paying some of his wages, his tongue and cheek attutude towards it is bollocks. Hamann has been retired for years of course hell be commenting on transfers etc...for tv.

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Bit of a difference commenting on it from a professional viewpoint than a personal twitter account imo.

One is merely commenting, the other is only doing it when someone pays you? Why is getting paid to do it better? Hamann either thinks it is ok to talk about former employers or it isn't.

When he is getting paid to do it, it is fine.
    When Barton does it, it is a disgrace?

Yeah, that seems like a good jumping off point to have a pop at Barton.

klose wrote: »
    Qpr is still his club and paid/still paying some of his wages, his tongue and cheek attutude towards it is bollocks. Hamann has been retired for years of course hell be commenting on transfers etc...for tv.

Whats the problem? Did he slag QPR off? Nope. He said he heard Remy was going to them and that they were after a few other players. What is the problem? Why is it a disgrace? If it wasn't Barton saying it, no one would care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Jeez, it's getting well personal now.
    Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton
    @DietmarHamann what a player u where. Now ur just a washed up coke head... #jogon u skint knobhead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Barton's a dope. Surprised Didi has replied for over an hour. Shouldn't have been dragged in.

Pure clown is Barton.

• Advertisement

Shocking how low barton has gone here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hamann should persue barton legally as what barton is saying is the lowest of the low..

what an absolute scumbag he is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

No doubt Barton will soon follow up with a pretentious Nietzsche quote.

He needs them to balance out the times he says 'knobhead'. An absolute idiot of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

BBC Sporf ‏@BBCSporf
    COMPARISON: Joey Barton vs Dietmar Hamann. pic.twitter.com/bnV0gSvk

BAmMl6LCcAEvQl-.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Didi Hamann ‏@DietmarHamann
    @joey7barton I let the people judge Joseph it seems to me you got a lot of anger in you #englandinternational

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton
    @DietmarHamann only for dogs... #dialaloan

Barton :facepalm:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Barton's a worm. A thug who stubs cigars out in people's eyes and thinks he's better than all of his peers because he owns a Smiths CD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Darren McDonald ‏@DarrenMc1901
    Only Joey Barton can get the people of England to take the side of a German.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

As tempting as it is, please don't go down the road of abusing either Barton or Hamann. Ye don't need to be picking up yellow cards because of Joey Barton!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'll get a ban if I post what I think of Barton. The guy who beats up kids thinks he can get on his moral high horse about Hamann.
    The irony of Bartons twitter blurb:
    "Its better to be a Lion for a day than a Rat for a lifetime."

Barton even has a rat like appearence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I'd feel sorry for Didi if he's genuinely broke. Maybe he had a dabble immediately after his career as so many professional footballers do but he doesn't appear to be a 'cokehead' or anything like that.

Barton is just the low of the low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

BAmRviBCUAEMRLG.jpg

Should rename this thread to Humour thread part 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Rekop dog wrote: »

People hate Barton, and this is a classless exchange - but people are kidding themselves if they think Didi has come off better from it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Barton has absolutely destroyed Hamann here to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a ***. You get dirty, and besides, the *** likes it."

Paully D wrote: »

and destroyed himself. Although that was probably done a long time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Yup. Everyone knows what Barton has done. Hamann had more to lose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Jesus man, that's not the way I and a lot of others see it. He's made a fool of himself. Hamann should have completely stayed away from this though. It'll just get messy.

Is Henderson on Twitter?

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Very foolish of Didi to engage with Barton like this. Everyone knows Barton's history, he had nothing to lose. Hamann's clangers have now been revealed for all and sundry to see.

This episode does not paint either men in a good light, but Didi most definitely comes off the worst.

Barton has embarrassed Hamann alright but he showed the world, again, that his scumbag tag is accurate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Shocking to be honest.. Barton is cold hearted though complete and utter loose cannon

• Advertisement
Advertisement