Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joey Barton Twitter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Here is all glorious detail. Telegraph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Barton's coming out with some very dodgy stuff and could well be sued by Hamann especially after saying Hamann 'sniffed and gambled all your dough".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Barton's coming out with some very dodgy stuff and could well be sued by Hamann especially after saying Hamann 'sniffed and gambled all your dough".

unless there's some truth in it. no idea if its the case. knew nothing of didi outside football pitch before this rant. already knew what Joey was and is so nothing new in that regard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Can only be sued if it is slanderous.
    Both guys have made themselves look like absolute idiots.
    Twitter should come with an IQ test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

did hamann and barton play together when hamann when to man city?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Sure it's well known Hamman had a gambling problem. He lost nearly £300,000 on one bet iirc. Something like that anyway.

Heard nothing about drugs though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

LOL!
    Barton and Hamann, of course, played together in the Manchester City midfield for a season. They parted ways in the summer of 2007, since which time one has become a washed-up, semi-retired has-been whose considerable footballing talent is now a fading memory and who lives his life vicariously through Twitter in an attempt to recapture the renown he once enjoyed, and the other has remained Dietmar Hamann.

:cool:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Funniest thing there is the self serving excuse of putting it online as a story then sticking this at the top
    There is a way, I suppose, of regarding the Twitter exchange between Joey Barton and Dietmar Hamann as a news story. Some other quite reputable and less reputable outlets will doubtless do so.

After being the first to use it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

@Joey7Barton Joseph Barton
    Sniffed and gambled all your dough. What a waste. Left kids and wife, cos u pulled a young bird. Tragic. Now do one Tourette's face!

I don't hate anyone but, somehow, by having not ever met the man I despise the way he conducts himself. Whatever about Didi's personal life getting dragged through the mire; Barton is an embarrasement. What a disgusting comment to make.

I hope Hamann sues him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Was this not public about hamann. How would joey suddenly reveal it exclusively? Why would he know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Neeson wrote: »
    Was this not public about hamann. How would joey suddenly reveal it exclusively? Why would he know?

The gambling was public, Hamann came out himself and admitted it last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Didi Hamann's honours: 2 Bundesliga, 2 UEFA Cups, 2 FA Cups, 2 League Cups, Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, 1 German Cup, 59 German Caps (WC Runner Up)

Joey Barton's honours: 77 days in Strangeways :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

kfallon wrote: »
    Didi Hamann's honours: 2 Bundesliga, 2 UEFA Cups, 2 FA Cups, 2 League Cups, Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, 1 German Cup, 59 German Caps (WC Runner Up)

Joey Barton's honours: 77 days in Strangeways :rolleyes:

This sums it up nicely

236365.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

@Joey7Barton Joseph Barton
    Sniffed and gambled all your dough. What a waste. Left kids and wife, cos u pulled a young bird. Tragic. Now do one Tourette's face!

I don't hate anyone but, somehow, by having not ever met the man I despise the way he conducts himself. Whatever about Didi's personal life getting dragged through the mire; Barton is an embarrasement. What a disgusting comment to make.

I hope Hamann sues him.

I dunno about this. Barton's every move is pilloried by the press and everybody with a keyboard and internet access. Hamann made a bad choice in taking him on, especially as Barton would probably know quite a bit about him, and decided to wade into a debate that had nothing to do with him. I don't think he deserved what he got but people in glass houses......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Surprised didi got in a twatter row with barton.joey handed him his ass.Hopefully we will have a round2 another night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I don't think Barton is in any position to lecture anybody on how to live their lives, GBH on a night out, assaulting a teammate, sticking a cigar into a youth player's eye.

And if he wants to talk about 'tragic' things he should prob talk to the family of Anthony Walker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I dunno about this. Barton's every move is pilloried by the press and everybody with a keyboard and internet access. Hamann made a bad choice in taking him on, especially as Barton would probably know quite a bit about him, and decided to wade into a debate that had nothing to do with him. I don't think he deserved what he got but people in glass houses......

Fair enough but Didi comes across as a decent bloke and quite intelligent. Barton is a strange character who seems to crave attention. Both have obviously made mistakes and a lot of what Barton does is often blown out of proportion.

But don't slag a guy by calling him 'Tourette's face'. There is low, cheap shots and then there is that. There is no defending him now after that. Some people are just rotten.

I feel sorry for Hamann because he is better than conversing with the likes of Barton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Didi comes across as a good bloke and I enjoy his analysis when he's on RTE. For someone to make fun of his facial tics, well that pretty much sums up Joey Barton.

My real opinion of him will result in a ban, so I'll just have to call him an angry young man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

There is no need to call Joey Barton a scumbag

He makes sure everybody knows exactly what he is when he takes shots like the Tourettes face one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

My hatred for that man just grows and grows, wish i could express how i really feel but won't suffer a ban for the likes of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Does Hamman have Tourette's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Why, oh why are people being carded for calling Joey Barton a scumbag? The man has proven time and time and time again that he has no class.

Mod

If you've got a problem with moderation then get it touch via PM. It's clearly outlined in the charter that you can't abuse a player whether they deserve it or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Amazing how restrained Hamann was given all the ammunition he (and everyone else has) at his disposal.

Does Hamman have Tourette's?

No, he has a twitch.

Such a low and vile comment to make in public by Barton. Pathetic tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

rarnes1 wrote: »
    No, he has a twitch.

Such a low and vile comment to make in public by Barton. Pathetic tbh.

Pretty disgusting alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

You'd think Barton's reputation couldn't get any lower but seemingly it can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Devil's advocate I accept....
    But had Roy Keane tweeted like Joey Barton many people on here would be defending any abuse of Didi Hamann.
    Fair comment?

But had Roy Keane tweeted like Joey Barton many people on here would be defending any abuse of Didi Hamann.
    Fair comment?

Would they?

Doubt it

Keane is a strange man, but I don't think he'd be so petty. Its not really him. He'd be capable of saying low things but not in the troll fashion that Joey does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Fair comment?

No, and there really is no need to bring anybody else particularly Keane into this, it is literally nothing to do with him.

It is highly doubtful he would say such things, highly doubtful, and I know that for me, as his biggest fan I still wouldnt be defending anyone who would make the remark

It is not ok to use a physical or mental flaw for point scoring like that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Mars Bar wrote: »
    As tempting as it is, please don't go down the road of abusing either Barton or Hamann. Ye don't need to be picking up yellow cards because of Joey Barton!

No need to worry about anyone in their right mind abusing Hamann.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Next time in the feedback thread, everyone should vote for "Calling Barton various names should be allowed".

Is there any football fan who don't hate Barton? On and off the field he was liability and I remember few fans calling for Wenger's head when Arsenal didn't try to sign him when he left Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Next time in the feedback thread, everyone should vote for "Calling Barton various names should be allowed".

Is there any football fan who don't hate Barton? On and off the field he was liability and I remember few fans calling for Wenger's head when Arsenal didn't try to sign him when he left Newcastle.

People's hatred for the man is understandable, but let's not pretend he wasn't (and probably still is) a good player. Definitely an above average midfielder at the premiership level, even when off field issues and indiscipline is taken into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    People's hatred for the man is understandable, but let's not pretend he wasn't (and probably still is) a good player. Definitely an above average midfielder at the premiership level, even when off field issues and indiscipline is taken into account.

Decent midfielder but was a liability. You never know when he does "one of his trademark" stupid thing to get a booking or sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I would agree if he did it in a smart or witty way, but he did it in a sneaky ****ty way. Barton comes out the worse in this one for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Above average at Man City for a spell.

Thast about it really.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

noodler wrote: »

Thast about it really.

I seem to remember him doing pretty well for Newcastle their first year back in the EPL. Though they then let him go at the end of the year :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Lapin wrote: »
    No need to worry about anyone in their right mind abusing Hamann.

Well he did have a point about the drink driving though he stooped too low on other remarks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

noodler wrote: »

Thast about it really.

Had good seasons at Newcastle, was overall a positive for QPR last year and a decent contributer to them avoiding the drop in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

I seem to remember him doing pretty well for Newcastle their first year back in the EPL. Though they then let him go at the end of the year :o

was not for footballing reasons though. He was top drawer for NUFC that year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Its a testament to Barton that no matter where he goes he rubs people up the wrong way. In a way that can be blamed on the media for their obvious dislike for him and they always paint him in a bad light. But he is by far and away his own worst enemy. How many twitter rows does it take for him to realise that he needs to log out. To call someone Tourette's face is so insulting to many. Does he not read before pressing enter.

Barton isn't above average at all, he's an average player, I do like him though :) If it wasn't for his personality you wouldn't know he existed, he'd be like a Mark Noble or some nobody like that.

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Barton isn't above average at all, he's an average player, I do like him though :) If it wasn't for his personality you wouldn't know he existed, he'd be like a Mark Noble or some nobody like that.

Far better to be a Mark Noble who has not stubbed out cigar in team mates face, hit a kid in McDonalds , tried to batter a couple of team mates ... This is a personality ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Some of those tweets are absolutely vile.

Hamann does himself no favours but anyone who think he came out worse is mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Had good seasons at Newcastle, was overall a positive for QPR last year and a decent contributer to them avoiding the drop in the end.
    He had a dire season with QPR, IIRC he had the lowest pass completion rate of any outfield regular in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well finally unfollowed him last night

He has been very drowl of late, and last night was pretty much a serious shake of the head moment.

BTW anyone who thinks Hamann came out bad on that is mental. Barton literally snapped through text, anyone that knows anything about the internet knows that is when you have won.

I would have 100% appreciated
    Yes Joseph, I had a substantial amount of cocaine , overflowing from the Champions League cup I won

trololol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

TheDoc wrote: »
    Well finally unfollowed him last night

He has been very drowl of late, and last night was pretty much a serious shake of the head moment.

BTW anyone who thinks Hamann came out bad on that is mental. Barton literally snapped through text, anyone that knows anything about the internet knows that is when you have won.

I would have 100% appreciated

There's a lot more to consider on 'who came out worse' aside from the basic who's the biggest dickhead. Everyone already knew Joey was the lowest of the low and Didi is a pleasant enough chap.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Some of those tweets are absolutely vile.

Hamann does himself no favours but anyone who think he came out worse is mad

There is an old saying that 'Wise men should never argue with fools as people from a distance can't tell who is who'.

I like Hamann but to be honest i expected better from him than to get into an argument with the likes of that Barton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Barton isn't above average at all, he's an average player
    i would agree,it says more about the standard of football in premiership though that he is considered above average in some quarters

• Advertisement
Advertisement