Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joey Barton Twitter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

There is an old saying that 'Wise men should never argue with fools as people from a distance can't tell who is who'.

I like Hamann but to be honest i expected better from him than to get into an argument with the likes of that Barton.

I think it was a more a case of " Never argue with an idiot because they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So after starting the argument over Barton commenting on player recruitment at former clubs, Hamann on twitter commenting on rumours of Sneijder to Liverpool, aka player recruitment at a former club. Well done didi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

So after starting the argument over Barton commenting on player recruitment at former clubs, Hamann on twitter commenting on rumours of Sneijder to Liverpool, aka player recruitment at a former club. Well done didi.

QPR is Bartons current club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Difference is that Barton is still currently employed by QPR, so not a former club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

But the reason Didi said anything was because Barton had a pop at Newcastle, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Seriously like?, Barton tweeting the owner of QPR about 'all in' poker moves with his cash to stay up is the same as the retired Hamann saying, if the price is right that Sneijder would be a good player to get?.

Come now.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

maximoose wrote: »
    But the reason Didi said anything was because Barton had a pop at Newcastle, no?

Nah I think it was talk of Remy to QPR or the likes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

daithijjj wrote: »
    Seriously like?, Barton tweeting the owner of QPR about 'all in' poker moves with his cash to stay up is the same as the retired Hamann saying, if the price is right that Sneijder would be a good player to get?.

Come now.....

Agreed.

Massive difference.

It was over breaking the news that Remy was heading to QPR over newcastle that Didi took offence to .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Didi comes across as a good bloke and I enjoy his analysis when he's on RTE. For someone to make fun of his facial tics, well that pretty much sums up Joey Barton.

My real opinion of him will result in a ban, so I'll just have to call him an angry young man.

Ah come on call Joey Barton "out"(as he would say) we need another row to develop in full view of the public, Joey Barton on Boards would be classic :D

He is a twat of the highest order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Found it
    Watching Patriots. Just heard from a magician that Loic Remy has signed for QPR. Not sure what happened at Newcastle probably Llambas again!

That's clearly a pop (but granted, not one that needed Didi to stick his neb in and defend them from really)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

daithijjj wrote: »

Come now.....

Why is saying the owner was doing everything he can to keep QPR up a bad thing? Why should it have been criticised? Why is it worse than saying Liverpool should sign Sneijder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Why is saying the owner was doing everything he can to keep QPR up a bad thing? Why should it have been criticised? Why is it worse than saying Liverpool should sign Sneijder?

He wasnt being as politically correct as you are putting it, he was suggesting that Fernandes was doing a sh1t or bust with the signing. Why do you think Barton has deleted several of his tweets about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

I don't think Joey Barton is either the mindless thug others think he is or the renaissance man some others think but something in between.

I think it would probably serve him better to knock Twitter on head as he's used it effectively to reinvent his public persona.

Wouldn't be my cup of tea to have a Twitter account but horses for courses and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

dd972 wrote: »
    I don't think Joey Barton is either the mindless thug others think he is

Last game of last season. His actions resulted in a 12 game ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

DB21 wrote: »
    Last game of last season. His actions resulted in a 12 game ban.

I know what you're saying but I wish football and the media had a bit more perspective, Barton's behavior at the Etihad last May was hardly Mayo v Meath in 1996, even the air butt he gave Kompany had a bit of stageyness about it.

Chesterfield and Plymouth had a proper tear up some years back, probably on You Tube somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

dd972 wrote: »
    I don't think Joey Barton is either the mindless thug others think he is or the renaissance man some others think but something in between.

There is only one person in the world that thinks that.

Heard that Joey's going to be back in court soon either way. To be expected really, you can't make the kind of claims he made and think nothing will come of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Barton just posted this on twitter, a link to an apology on his website.

http://www.joeybarton.com/apologies-dietmar-hamann/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Id imagine barton got whisper of legal action and ran off with his tail between his legs

• Advertisement

shrewdness wrote: »
    Barton just posted this on twitter, a link to an apology on his website.

http://www.joeybarton.com/apologies-dietmar-hamann/

Chrome blocks Bartons site on my laptop :pac:

klose wrote: »
    Id imagine barton got whisper of legal action and ran off with his tail between his legs

Yep id say the threat of legal action made him sh*t himself as he knows he would be taken to the cleaners and he would then be a broke has been ex footballer, i wonder how much of a rebel he would feel like then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Barton Apologies to Dietmar Hamann

On Monday evening tweets exchanged between Dietmar Hamann and I went beyond the boundaries of banter, opinion and common sense.

I accept that my comments were offensive, untrue and related to matters of a personal nature, of which I had no knowledge.

I have apologised to Dietmar personally and now wish to apologise through the same social media channels that I used to make them, as well as my own website.

I appreciate my comments have caused Dietmar and his family some distress and I fully regret that.

I also appreciate that my comments should not have been made, as they could have damaged Dieitmar’s reputation, which should  remain intact as a fantastic player and ambassador for German Football, as well as the game in general.

Dietmar and I have now agreed to draw a line under the unfortunate exchange and neither of us will be making any further comments on the subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

He really does have some serious anger issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

LOL! He must have been sick being told he had to post that!

His site is temporarily unavailable, Haha id say its getting over loaded with people giving him stick for the sh*t he was saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

Barton is a fool, there are a lot of them in football he just likes letting everybody know. He's not insightful, you just believes you knows everything...I really wish Hamann had corrected him on his use of the word 'Where'

Barlett wrote: »
    Barton is a fool, there are a lot of them in football he just likes letting everybody know. He's not insightful, you just believes you knows everything...I really wish Hamann had corrected him on his use of the word 'Where'

Dont call Joey names i called him a twat and i got a yellow card beside my name. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

S28382 wrote: »
    Dont call Joey names i called him a twat and i got a yellow card beside my name. :confused:

lol @ the inbound red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Mars Bar wrote: »
    As tempting as it is, please don't go down the road of abusing either Barton or Hamann. Ye don't need to be picking up yellow cards because of Joey Barton!

Why the confused face?? We were all warned!!

Yeah but a warning for calling some one something that they clearly are. The world of Boards is gone too PC there is worse being said on Twitter.

• Advertisement

Yeah but a warning for calling some one something that they clearly are. The world of Boards is gone too PC there is worse being said on Twitter.

Legal reasons.

Ill ready my solicitor for the impending defamation case from Joey Barton.:pac:

Ill ready my solicitor for the impending defamation case from Joey Barton.:pac:

Ah come one.

They can hardly be selective on who they aloow be abused/defamed on their website.

In some threads they are things that are said which some mods act on and some dont so there is no level of consistency. Im not giving out about any mod im just saying that its mad that i got a yellow for calling Joey Barton a twat when iv seen worse being said on other threads.

It'd be a train wreck if you could abuse selective people tbf.

In some threads they are things that are said which some mods act on and some dont so there is no level of consistency. Im not giving out about any mod im just saying that its mad that i got a yellow for calling Joey Barton a twat when iv seen worse being said on other threads.

Its very rare abuse isn't acted on in the SF by the mods.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I want to see Leon Knight and Barton go head to head on twitter for a night

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Its very rare abuse isn't acted on in the SF by the mods.

Oh i know the mods are usually on the ball with what they are doing im sure its a thankless task at the best of time and having to deal with a comment like mine are the last thing some of them want to be doing. All im saying is that my comment was nothing that hasnt been said before (regardless of who its said about) its clear as day that Joey Barton is what i called him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Enough. Questioning mods actions on thread is also worthy of a yellow so take it to PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

He has gone on a mad rant today,making a fool of himself. Claimed he was was smarter than 97% of the British Isles. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

tvnutz wrote: »
    He has gone on a mad rant today,making a fool of himself. Claimed he was was smarter than 97% of the British Isles. :P

he does come across as intelligent in this tweets alright :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

What's funny is this 'if you wasn't a footballer Joey line.' If your(you're) aunts had b*llocks(you know the rest) The reason I'm successful is that I work hard. I'm more intelligent than about 97% of the British Isles. If anything football has held me back. If I wasn't a footballer I'd be still more successful than 97% of youse. Still harder working than 97% of youse. Still living life not just taking part. Some of you want to get off you arse's and take part in life. Before you know it you will be dead and know one will even know u existed.
    To the 97% try to catch me. To the 3% I'm trying to catch you. Later people

He really sets himself up for abuse #winning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

What's funny is this 'if you wasn't a footballer Joey line.' If your(you're) aunts had b*llocks(you know the rest) The reason I'm successful is that I work hard. I'm more intelligent than about 97% of the British Isles. If anything football has held me back. If I wasn't a footballer I'd be still more successful than 97% of youse. Still harder working than 97% of youse. Still living life not just taking part. Some of you want to get off you arse's and take part in life. Before you know it you will be dead and know one will even know u existed.
    To the 97% try to catch me. To the 3% I'm trying to catch you. Later people

You sure spell good masta Barton, yaw momma mus be so proud

tvnutz wrote: »

But 97% of the British Isles haven't been locked up or been caught assaulting people in Mc Donalds .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

In fairness a dog won their talent show so it's not saying much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

The British Isles must have a few hundred million very stupid people hidden away somewhere, and known only to Joey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Joey Barton, is there anybody like me who likes him? A footballer like him is rare, he has a bad side and maybe if I knew him I wouldn't like him but yeah to me he's pretty cool compared to the typical 'went to an academy and now all they focus on is football and golf in their lives. Barton actually has a mind, not just a braindead zombie like other footballers seem to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

hes an absolute ****!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Joey Barton, is there anybody like me who likes him? A footballer like him is rare, he has a bad side and maybe if I knew him I wouldn't like him but yeah to me he's pretty cool compared to the typical 'went to an academy and now all they focus on is football and golf in their lives. Barton actually has a mind, not just a braindead zombie like other footballers seem to be.

He has not provided anyone with a single piece of evidence to prove that he has a mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

He has yeah. His interests are not the average for your typical footballer. He does bad things but that doesn't mean he's not smart.

Advertisement