Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joey Barton Twitter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

EdenHazard wrote: »
    He has yeah. He does bad things but that doesn't mean he's not smart.

Doing bad things isn't what makes him not smart. Being not smart is what makes him not smart.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

EdenHazard wrote: »
    He has yeah. His interests are not the average for your typical footballer. He does bad things but that doesn't mean he's not smart.

What interests exactly?
    Playing golf? Yup, he does that.
    Assaulting people? Yup, he does that.
    Acts like a big time charlie when he has never justified it? Yup, he does that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Maybe he means all the quotes that Barton put on his twitter for a while.

Barton really is a pathetic person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Looks like his arse dropped when he got a sniff of legal action anyway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I wouldnt be surprised if he put up that apology of his own bat. I think he has rage issues and loses the plot and realises he's acted like a tit when it's too late.

There was a documentary on gay footballers on bbc about a year ago and he was the only premier league player with the balls to be interviewed about it after the presenter got knocked back by countless other high profile players, so ill give him that.

• Advertisement

Going off again. Talking about Gaz and his problems.
    Despicable. I'll be criticised for this, I know. But **** you all. I know its the truth. Make of it what you choose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Well in fairness, he is criticising people who he perceives as using Gazza' situation to do a bit of public posturing and get media attention for themselves. He is not having a pop at Gazza and wished him the best.

That said, his compassion towards Gazza's addiction problems, completely contradict his recent insults towards Didi Hamann's.

Agh. Why did I just waste the last 5 minutes of my life on Joey cu*ting Barton.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Well in fairness, he is criticising people who he perceives as using Gazza' situation to do a bit of public posturing and get media attention for themselves. He is not having a pop at Gazza and wished him the best.

That said, his compassion towards Gazza's addiction problems, completely contradict his recent insults towards Didi Hamann's.

Agh. Why did I just waste the last 5 minutes of my life on Joey cu*ting Barton.

Sorry Neil.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Neymar is the Justin Bieber of football. Brilliant on the old You Tube. Cat piss in reality...

Bold statement. Everyone knows Believe Acoustic is one of the albums of the year ;) Neymar tho is overrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Swap the word bold for the word idiotic and your on to something here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

silly statement to make but I must admit that I do think he's very over rated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    silly statement to make but I must admit that I do think he's very over rated

Are you referring to Neymar or Bieber there? :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Preceeding tweets
    Neymar's actually been one of their livelier players tonight... #neymarwatch
    But people should stop chatting pony. He isn't in the same stratosphere as the boy Messi and that Ronaldo fella... #neymarwatch #hype
    Its amazing what some decent you tube footage can achieve. I'll have to get one up doing some keepy-ups in the garden... #haveit #johnsmiths

Then the Justin Bieber comment.

Barton being Barton saying it know well it'd get him some attention but basically just saying he's over rated - which is may or may not be. I haven't seen enough of him play to comment tbh so.

I wonder what would happen to Barton if someone cut his internet connection for a week though - he's be lost without an outpost to try to say controversial stuff for the sake of it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

It's hard to say that he's overrated exactly. Nobody's claiming he's the best in the world or anything, simply that he has the potential to be. Similar claims were made about Ronaldo and were laughed about by the likes of the RTÉ panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Bieber's brilliant on Youtube??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Meanwhile Joey Barton on Youtube...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul5uVWDexRo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Barton the legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I enjoy Bartons craziness

Neymar is a fantastic talent, not seen very often this side of the world due to where he plays his club football, but start gambling on South American football and you should see plenty of him.

He has not lit up the international stage yet? Boo hoo! Messi had won WPOTY without doing that, only recently has he begun to show his better form for his country.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

And I was like Neymar, Neymar, Neymar, oh
    Like Neymar, Neymar, Neymar, no
    Like Neymar, Neymar, Neymar, oh
    I thought you'd always be mine, mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Considering the waffle that goes around when bale is compared to those two, I dont see why anyone would have a problem with what barton is saying.

brazilian club football isnt reknowned for defending!

Dempsey wrote: »
    Considering the waffle that goes around when bale is compared to those two, I dont see why anyone would have a problem with what barton is saying.

brazilian club football isnt reknowned for defending!

Right

Cause there is no difference in people on this board saying while Bale is excellent, one of the best in the world at the moment, but still not at the level of Messi or Ronaldo is the exact same as saying a player is "cat piss" in reality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

well for a start Neymar is only 21. he has a 1 in 2 scoring record with his club and a better strike record with brazil. I dont think many in world football are comparing him to ronaldo or messi.

But seriously, why does anyone take note of what joey barton says. They guy is a no mark journeyman, whos only honour is a Championship trophy and will be remembered for his off field discretions rather than anything he did with a football. Him calling someone "cat piss" is laughable tbh, the man is a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,985 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Joey Barton on twitter somehow earned its own thread on this site. Now one tweet from him deserves a thread all of its own?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

All Bartons Twitter bollix merged here.

T.Silva: "There's also this Englishman at Marseille, who I don't even know the name. Who is he already? He who runs his mouth about Neymar?"

Thiago Silva on Joey Barton: "He is just an attention seeker. No one talks about him so he abuses big players to get people's attention."

Thiago Silva to Joey Barton: "You should never forget that there are 5 stars on Brazil's kit more than any other kit in the world."

Thiago Silva: "Everytime I hear about this attention seeker [Barton] I feel like I want to win more matches with Brazil to shut his mouth."

Thiago Silva to Joey Barton: "It's weird that a player calls his own country '****ty', but can't even play for it. What does it make him?" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 33m
    Thiago Silva. That the same pussy thats been injured all season. Another over rated Brazilian. Sort your hamstrings out FatBoy...
    Retweeted by Sid Lowe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I despise Barton.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

AdamD wrote: »
    Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 33m
    Thiago Silva. That the same pussy thats been injured all season. Another over rated Brazilian. Sort your hamstrings out FatBoy...
    Retweeted by Sid Lowe

He's really clutching at straws here. There isn't a lot of dirt on Thiago Silva and on the pitch he is one of the best centre backs in the planet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hopefully marseille dont buy him and hes resigned to the championship for the rest of his career. The laughing stock of football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 21m
    Have to take back what I said about Thiago Silva being over rated today. Been immense tonight. Still looks like a overweight ladyboy though!
    Charming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Is there another PSG v Marseille this season? could be tasty if there is.

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton

Thiago Silva put in the performance of his career. What a day to call him over-rated. In hindsight, I should have waited. #bastard

LOL, I hope Silva dedicates the performance to him in the post match interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I despise Barton.

I could go further but I get a ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

I could go further but I get a ban.

you wont get a ban for calling him a lovely person and a world class player :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Joey Barton will face the National Ethnics Council on April 15th. He risks a one match ban or more for his tweets insulting Thiago Silva Source

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

You'd think he'd have the attitude of thinking...

''hmm.... nice place and lifestyle in the south of France, missus and kid happy, seem to be getting on with my football ok, partially reinvented myself via the twitter medium so I'll knock that on the head now''

.....but no ! ''I think I'll write some garbage about a fellow pro that'll go viral and cause me more bother''

Think the thing is with Barton is that some people are in trouble in the same sense that the Scholes or Owens of this world are constantly out of trouble, it just seems to be the way it is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22331243
    "I can't believe QPR have just been relegated and (Jose) Bosingwa was walking down the tunnel laughing!"

He said he is "gutted for the club" and questioned some of Hughes's signings.

Didnt see that game but was Bosingwa laughing going down the tunnel?

I'd have to agree with him that too many mercenaries were signed by Hughes.

Yeah there were smiles all around after the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Yeah there were smiles all around after the match.

Of course there were, those magical words "RELEGATION RELEASE CLAUSE" came into effect

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thought similar when I saw Harry being all smiles after the match. For the sake of 5 minutes, be thoughtful of the fans and wait till the cameras are off before showing how little you care about relegation...

BI9gDFCCQAEMWcJ.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    BI9gDFCCQAEMWcJ.jpg:large
    Like really, what's the man supposed to do? Cry?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

MIN2511 wrote: »

Start a fight with three players and get himself a 12 game ban apparently...

Passion for the job is preferable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I don't know. Give a **** for the club that pays him massive money perhaps?

Show some decency and respect to the QPR fans? I know, I know, it's asking too much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Sure they were at the same craic after the Wigan game when they conceded in the last minute. All smiles and laughs at the end of the game. Feel for the fans, not for the players. Just disrespectful and shows they couldn't care less.

The video is worse than that photo as well, btw, managers shaking hands all smiles as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement