Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joey Barton Twitter

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

We all knew QPR will be relegated at the end of the season, it was inevitable...

People have ways of showing their emotions... Harry tried, he failed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

3 minutes of solemnity really isn't too much to ask for...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

wouldn't usually be a fan of Barton but he is on fire on twitter tonight. Talking about Beckham: "Every time I see him he's either fighting or arguing with someone. Angry man in France." and "Can see French fed banning a few here. Unbelievable scenes Jeff..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

dubmick wrote: »
    wouldn't usually be a fan of Barton but he is on fire on twitter tonight. Talking about Beckham: "Every time I see him he's either fighting or arguing with someone. Angry man in France." and "Can see French fed banning a few here. Unbelievable scenes Jeff..."

Whats that all about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Dempsey wrote: »
    Whats that all about?

Beckham was sent off about ten minutes ago. PSG won one nil.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Beckham was sent off about ten minutes ago. PSG won one nil.

That it?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I don't know. Give a **** for the club that pays him massive money perhaps?

I don't know how anyone can expect Bosingwa to give two shítes about the club or relegation considering the wages he's on

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone can expect Bosingwa to give two shítes about the club or relegation considering the wages he's on
    But aint that the problem of the modern game?

Dempsey wrote: »
    But aint that the problem of the modern game?

Problem? That's just the tip of the ice-berg. Lack of terraces, rise in ticket prices, fans being treated like criminals, tv companies changing kick offs to ridiculous times, plastic identikit stadiums to name just a few!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Problem? That's just the tip of the ice-berg. Lack of terraces, rise in ticket prices, fans being treated like criminals, tv companies changing kick offs to ridiculous times, plastic identikit stadiums to name just a few!

that was a needed change in english football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

I actually quite like Joey Barton. He's a breath of fresh air compared to the majority of PC brigade sports professionals of the modern era.

He knows what he says will get a reaction and that's why he does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Felexicon wrote: »
    I actually quite like Joey Barton. He's a breath of fresh air compared to the majority of PC brigade sports professionals of the modern era.

He knows what he says will get a reaction and that's why he does it.

This is not a commendable personality aspect in anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

I dont disagree with him here, a lot of that QPR team are a pathetic bunch of mercs as seen by their reaction to being relegated.

I watched that game yesterday, and both teams could have stayed up(however slim the chance) with a win. Neither team tried to win it, was a pathetic spectacle of a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

He has a point about some of the QPR players but is this not the same Joey Barton who, when his club needed a result on the final day of last season to guarantee safety, completely lost the plot and attacked about 3 Man City players?

I know that ultimately they didn't need a result as Bolton only drew at Stoke but that was still up in the air at the time of his sending off. If Bolton had won their game and sent QPR down, it would have been hard to escape the notion that Barton let his team down massively with his moment of insanity. And now he goes on Twitter mouthing about their players?

He comes across like a fella who is full of himself and proud of it

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭OnTheCouch

Felexicon wrote: »

I like him as well. Although I wouldn't go as far as to say I look forward to what he has to say, generally when he does say something, be you in agreement with him or not, it is certainly different or unusual. I mean, it could also be complete nonsense, but he does stand out in an era of mass media-savvy players.

Now whether I would get on with him if I were acquainted with him in real life...I really don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

And after the events of the last few weeks, we can see why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

A guy kicked out of the club criticises players for not doing their best for the club. Amazing. The guy is a troll of the highest order, he retweets Marseille fans saying they want him to stay to up his already massive ego.

I'd rather a boring footballer than one who horribly insults former teammates and player's he's never met personally just to get a reaction. Not even to mention all the other times he's been in trouble, yet repeatedly claims to have sort of honour, work ethic and more crap like that.

Corholio wrote: »
    A guy kicked out of the club criticises players for not doing their best for the club. Amazing. The guy is a troll of the highest order, he retweets Marseille fans saying they want him to stay to up his already massive ego.

I'd rather a boring footballer than one who horribly insults former teammates and player's he's never met personally just to get a reaction. Not even to mention all the other times he's been in trouble, yet repeatedly claims to have sort of honour, work ethic and more crap like that.
    But that's why I like him, he's a bizzare individual who has no idea what self control means.

He's entertaining to have around

I don't like the guy but 90-95% of the time he gets it spot on.

And after the events of the last few weeks, we can see why.

It's been going on long before the past few weeks.

A harmless club like Hull City had their game a few weeks ago vs Huddersfield turned into a "bubble match"

• Advertisement

that was a needed change in english football

How so? All it's done is increased ticket prices and ruined any atmosphere in English football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

OnTheCouch wrote: »
    I like him as well. Although I wouldn't go as far as to say I look forward to what he has to say, generally when he does say something, be you in agreement with him or not, it is certainly different or unusual. I mean, it could also be complete nonsense, but he does stand out in an era of mass media-savvy players.

Now whether I would get on with him if I were acquainted with him in real life...I really don't know.

he comes across as the type of person who doesn't actually have anyone to air his opinions to because they know what he's actually like, so floods his twitter instead.
    See anyone with few real friends on facebook, it's the exact same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

How so? All it's done is increased ticket prices and ruined any atmosphere in English football.

thats all it's done? hardly

thats all it's done? hardly

It sounds like you're agreeing with my point?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

he comes across as the type of person who doesn't actually have anyone to air his opinions to because they know what he's actually like, so floods his twitter instead.
    See anyone with few real friends on facebook, it's the exact same

what you talking about? he has like 2 million people to air his opinions too. Legeeeeeeend! see him saying he'll run a competition to go australia for the lions tour and take someone with him. imagine joey barton, bieber and balotelli down under #sickkestkantsalive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

EdenHazard wrote: »
    what you talking about? he has like 2 million people to air his opinions too. Legeeeeeeend! see him saying he'll run a competition to go australia for the lions tour and take someone with him. imagine joey barton, bieber and balotelli down under #sickkestkantsalive

Just like what Australia was originally intended for, send them and leave them there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

He wouldn't get past Border Security!

It would make a good Nothing to Declare episode though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

There will be plenty of dhrinkin , shmokin and fhightin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

You remind me of a guy who got banned 2 years ago called something like partyndbs,was all about the #yoloswag420p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Anyone can have friends on the internet

• Advertisement

Anyone can have friends on the internet
    Not me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

He is coming out with some crackers about him going into management someday.

I admire his trolling if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Robbie Henry ‏@RobbieH46 7m
    "@Joey7Barton Football is a simple game complicated by fools and people stealing livings."

Ironically, you fit into both categories, Joey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

He is coming out with some crackers about him going into management someday.

I admire his trolling if I'm honest.

He also said he had 8/9 years at the top, isnt he 30/31 now? :confused:

Hes hardly Ryan Giggs ffs :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Robbie Henry ‏@RobbieH46 7m

Plays for one of the biggest clubs in France, some fool. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If you're agreeing with him its a sure sign hes doing something wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 14 May
    I'll just re-iterate for a lot of the buffoons tweeting me. I WILL NOT BE PLAYING IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP NEXT SEASON. Hope that clears that up!
    Joey Barton starts today for QPR in their Championship opener :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Barton, Bieber and Ballotelli ? Is that a front three formation with Barton and Bieber lurking behind?

I don't mind Barton as a bloke, he's a bag average player though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

dd972 wrote: »
    Barton, Bieber and Ballotelli ? Is that a front three formation with Barton and Bieber lurking behind?

Comparing Mario to Barton is idiocy. As both a person and a footballer he is far beyond anything Barton could have ever hoped to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

dd972 wrote: »

Jesus H, how could anyone not mind Barton as a bloke? Fair enough if you find his twitter rants and complete hypocritical comments funny or entertaining, but as a bloke he's...
    ...a thing that will get me banned if I say it.

Advertisement