Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When was the last time you were drunk?

• 10-01-2012 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭

Moderately tipsy or however you want to define it, not getting into the semantics of being drunk just wondering when was the last time you drank more than a glass or two?

Last time you were drunk? 154 votes

Am drunk right now
    0% 0 votes
    Last weekend
    9% 14 votes
    In the last fortnight
    41% 64 votes
    In the last month
    29% 46 votes
    In the last year
    7% 11 votes
    More than a year
    5% 9 votes
    Have never been drunk.
    6% 10 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

Róisín Shortall, Is that you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

November 1999.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Absolutely hammered New Years Eve...and possibly New Years Day. Haven't had a drink since.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭opti76

21st of April 2000....

im an asshole when im drunk .. so i no longer get drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

0066ad wrote: »
    Róisín Shortall, Is that you?

This thread is probably a more effective means of trying to get people to drink less.
    opti76 wrote: »
    21st of April 2000....

im an asshole when im drunk .. so i no longer get drunk.

I thought about giving up when I thought being drunk made turned into an asshole, but then I realised I'm an asshole anyway, so didn't give up.

Was rather drunk several times over the Xmas. Twas great :D

• Advertisement

New years eve/new years day in the morning (drinking until 7am or so), so 9 days. That's the longest I've gone in about 6 months without being drunk. I plan on staying off it until the 21st of Jan to save some money, then normal service will be resumed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

LAst weekend...

Ending up kissing my housemates brother... didn't go down too well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

A bit toasty around 6pm-ish last Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

4th september 2011.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

New Years day, I was out last night and actually drank Non-alcoholic beer all night, it was embarrassing when my friends told me after I went home with a big girl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭peewee_44

over a year ago, I had the worst hangover of my life and I swore never again

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

Right now. No I'm not going to mispell my words to show that I'm drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

The 22nd of December, went out for a meal with my friends and had a bit too much prosecco. I had a great night while the rest of my friends had to drive home so no drink for them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i remember entering a pub on my 16th birthday in 1997 and emerging last sunday aged 30. everything in between is vin blank

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭peewee_44

I don't need to be drunk to miss spell words I cannot spell sober

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

30th December on a crap load of my home made "Alabama Slammers" cocktails. completely and utterly wasted and haven't been even close to tipsy since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I think the last time I was properly drunk was actually just over 2 months ago :eek:.

I've been cutting down recently and trying the aul moderation lark. I've got tipsy a couple of times since but I'm trying to avoid myself from getting in those states if I can help it. The last time I woke up with a headache was New Year's Day but I wasn't drunk on New Year's Eve, I think it was down to mixing my drinks more than anything.

I'm getting a bit boring :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I was drunk from about 3 until a couple of hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Erica<3

Saturday.. Still recovering.. was absolutely locked.com new years eve, so decided it was time to tone it down after that.. Birthday is in a few weeks tho.. oh well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

peewee_44 wrote: »
    I don't need to be drunk to miss spell words I cannot spell sober
    Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

*checks time* 1.08am 10.01/2012

coome to think of it, It's been weeks since Ive had a 24 hours without a drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Kadent

had a few over the weekend but didn't get drunk, had about five bottles. managed to spend a small fortune though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

10 th Dec 2002.

Now I'm just an asshole on the Internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Tuesday for my boyfriend's birthday. Had about 8 or 9 cans of Bulmers, was nicely drunk, not falling all over the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

TheZohan wrote: »
    Absolutely hammered New Years Eve...and possibly New Years Day. Haven't had a drink since.
    Same here, hope to make it a month anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Erica<3 wrote: »
    Saturday.. Still recovering.. was absolutely locked.com new years eve, so decided it was time to tone it down after that.. Birthday is in a few weeks tho.. oh well :rolleyes:

You were like a information and data security solutions provider website on New Years? So you're like a transformer or something? Cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

am drink right now! I sayid. :D though not good. i mean good, nice but not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Erica<3 wrote: »

Ah you're one of them..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Had a good 12 hours drinking session last week, wasnt expecting it at all, just had a few cans, and the next thing its 9 in the morning.
    Reckon i'll stay off it for another couple of weeks, i usually end up drinking too much any time i go out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

When Dublin won the All-Ireland back in September! Haven't had the time since then!!! Working, driving and other things... plus I'm not that much of a drinker anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

30th of December, decided to give it up for at least a month, or for good. Feel great without it, although I don't have the same normal relationship with Alcohol most people do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

November 5th 1955

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Last Saturday my brothers 30th and before that NYE.
    Cutting down this year for sure-money and health reasons. We'll see how that goes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Dec 28th, off it for Jan to help with the fags and its not as bad as i'd thought it would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Sunday night.... yesterday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

New years eve. Was awfully drunk. Got up at 11am the next morning, realized I was still drunk, and then went back to bed. Not going to drink for another few months, as per my new years resolution. I think I'm over the novelty of drinking now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

LAst weekend...

Ending up kissing my housemates brother... didn't go down too well!

At least he did go down though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I havent ever been drunk AS I CANT STAND THE TASTE OF THAT STUFF :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭Downlinz

So 84% of people drank alcohol over the christmas period. Yikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

30th of December, think i'll stay off the booze for january

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

LOL Last night off it till march.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

In the middle of exams no drinks for me.

p.s. f**k exams

Advertisement