Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sheep Tags

• 10-01-2012 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I have a few ewes that have lost their electronic tags or have lost the matching tag in the left ear or have lost both tags. What is the procedure with this, do i put new tags in or have i to order replacements to match the original tags?.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Highland

You have options,

1) you read the remaining eartag (in full, incl check letter) & order the missing tag

or

2) you cut out the remaining tag and insert the next set of tags in you sequence - however if you choose this option you must correlate the tag you are cutting out with the new tag you are inserting - this must be done in you flock register

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mostatom

Thanks for that. Option 2 looks like the handiest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Highland wrote: »

2) you cut out the remaining tag and insert the next set of tags in you sequence - however if you choose this option you must correlate the tag you are cutting out with the new tag you are inserting - this must be done in you flock register

are you sure of this ? I thought eid tags were for life? and lost tags had to re ordered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Highland

Ya absolutly sure - but you have to correlate each individual tag - came from top brass in Dept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Highland wrote: »
    Ya absolutly sure - but you have to correlate each individual tag - came from top brass in Dept

thanks, cos it was a dept official told me otherwise, he wasn't top brass though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 mostatom

Thanks for the information lads.

Advertisement