Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is gay marriage a threat to humanity?

Comments

I still think of myself as catholic (lapsed, yeah yeah you don't call it really catholic well go F....ind yourself) yet I find myself agreeing with the 2nd post.

My answer to the poll? Can I add an "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......etc" before the "no?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

cmat wrote: »
    can a child grow up with two women as a mom or dad be normal
    NO

Of course they can, unless you include the benefit of an open mind as abnormal (which is probably the case).
    They may not be treated normally by narrow-minded pricks, which could lead to them being shunned, but that's the narrow-minded prick's fault, not their parent's fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭alandublin33

does anyone really revolve there lives around the cata holic church these days? and whatever the church says is gospel? ;) , I dont think so , people will do what they do regardless of any laws or suggestions or what some man says , religious or otherwise .

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cmat

do u think of the future
    generation at all 50 yrs or so

do u think of the future

Expand on that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

do u think of the future

There are 50 year olds who had same-sex parents who are just fine. A lot of them (shock horror) are hetero too.

Apparently, the ghey isn't catching. Who knew?

ETA: A study has found they do just as well as their peers who have straight parents.

my son is 4 and im married to a man which is notmal and in 50yrs time is my son going to have friends whos parents r two men or two women
    its not religion or politics its surival of mankind

my son is 4 and im married to a man which is notmal and in 50yrs time is my son going to have friends whos parents r two men or two women

We're breeding MUCH faster than dying. We'll survive. The world isn't left wanting for unwanted babies.

You know gay's not contagious, yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭talkinyite

Ah right, fair play to yous for taking a stand so. The main one I see is that adoption orders can only be made by one person or 'married' couples.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Some day I'd love to have kids, and I'd really love if they grew up in a world without this kinda prejudice. I would hope I'll be a good parent too.

can a woman have sex with another woman and produce a child

No. Can a man donate sperm? Can a child be adopted? Can you think outside of the tiny box you inhabit?

talkinyite wrote: »
    Ah right, fair play to yous for taking a stand so. The main one I see is that adoption orders can only be made by one person or 'married' couples.

You can take a stand too. I'm not gay but I'll stand by gay people's right to marry. :)

so what if your son has friends who have same sex parents? The sky won't fall.

Well that's a silly argument. Is a heterosexual couple who choose to or have to adopt any less of a parent to that child? No.

can two women produce a child no
    if people r gay i wish them complete happiness in life but for them to be intitled to have a happy life life with off spring
    d
    god no

if people r gay i wish them complete happiness in life but for them to be intitled to have a happy life life with off spring
    d
    god no

You're about as coherent as eraserhead.

d
    god no

If you pop your clogs soon, I hope to fcuk your hubby's been keeping a fabulous secret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

Your argument based on the survival of mankind either horrendously stupid or at least misinformed. A person is born homosexual, as one poster pointed out, homosexuality is not contagious. Also, the percentage of homosexuals is a more or less a static figure. There has always been homosexuals in society, and in other animal societies, yet it has never (ever ever ever) contributed to depopulation because the percentage of homosexuals in society has always been small compared to the heterosexual population and always will be.

• Advertisement

d
    god no

I sense a contradiction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

can a child grow up with two women as a mom or dad be normal
    NO

by that logic people who only have one parent cant be normal either. tell ya one thing, there's a lot of people who'd be better off with two good gay parents than two sh1tty straight ones who shouldnt be allowed to have kids to begin with.

d
    god no

Sure they already can, they're taking issue with not being able to adopt as couples. I don't think race or sexuality should come into the adoption process at all unless the biological parent/s say so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

krudler wrote: »
    by that logic people who only have one parent cant be normal either. tell ya one thing, there's a lot of people who'd be better off with two good gay parents than two sh1tty straight ones who shouldnt be allowed to have kids to begin with.

It's not exactly logic, it's just random bile...

i think not
    as usual the crap txts always take up the space

talkinyite wrote: »
    Sure they already can, they're taking issue with not being able to adopt as couples. I don't think race or sexuality should come into the adoption process at all unless the biological parent/s say so.

There's a good case for emancipating that child from bigots in that hypothetical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

How the **** is gay marriage possibly a threat to humanity. The only thing remotely a threat is that which is not natural. May be rumpy pump regardless, but its not right.

i think not

they take up the space because people know how to use that keyboard thingy to elaborate on a point. oh wait, I'll rephrase:

dey tk up d space bcus ppl no how to us dat keybrd thng to elbor8 on a pint

Does anyone else notice a pattern here? All those against gay marriage have horrendous spelling and have a frightful inability to string together a coherent sentence. Why is that?

• Advertisement

Does anyone else notice a pattern here? All those against gay marriage have horrendous spelling and have a frightful inability to string together a coherent sentence. Why is that?

Probably all the same person :pac:

elbor8 on a pint

Inebriate on a pint... mmm...

im thinking of mankind do u ever think of 100 yrs time because no one is getting married popping kinds with fathers with other families and no family tree or nothing im sorry for being old fashioned but its out of control

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

*Ahem* the plague-like expansion of the human race is probably the biggest threat to humanity itself. If anything, homosexual pairings could, in theory, limit this. In practice, it just doesnt happen that way. Great topic for a three hour debate on an american talk radio phone-in show tho!

Time is of the essence. Humanity is at risk!

i think not

Says the person typing in text speak. :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

im thinking of mankind do u ever think of 100 yrs time because no one is getting married popping kinds with fathers with other families and no family tree or nothing im sorry for being old fashioned but its out of control

yeah because I go outside every morning and theres two gay guys fcuking in my garden, do you know ANY gay people who have gotten married? you know whats out of control? stupid people having stupid kids, maybe everyone being gay will cull the herd a bit, there's 7 billion of us, its not like the planet is dangerously underpopulated right now. weed out a few generations of Antos knocking up Jacintas and popping out a few kids with their eyes too close together because their gene pool has the dept of a puddle of piss and we'll be better off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 alarmskippy

No its not, will teenage mothers ever stop, or any age of parents who wish to conceive ... that's like saying gayness spreads in the air. It is obvious that men and women will always reproduce, and even gay people can make children too by choosing to.

Or that they seem to pluck an opinion out of the air that consists of "Ew. Unnatural. Adam and Steve. Won't someone think of the children?!1!1" without ever bothering to back up their point with any evidence other than their opinion, or debate other's opinions?

Or that they all seem to have "nothing against the gehs" while all the while arguing for less rights for them? :D

yeah because I go outside every morning and theres two gay guys fcuking in my garden, do you know ANY gay people who have gotten married?

Oh God, I laughed so hard! You'll have to turn the hose on them. It's the only thing those miscreants and perverts understand. :mad:

What will humanity be like in one hundred years time if people continued to use text speak.

If you understood the essence of family and marriage equality, you will realise that it is pro-family.

• Advertisement

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    *Ahem* the plague-like expansion of the human race is probably the biggest threat to humanity itself. If anything, homosexual pairings could, in theory, limit this. In practice, it just doesnt happen that way. Great topic for a three hour debate on an american talk radio phone-in show tho!

BOOOOOO down with depopulation advocators! Ireland has a rich culture and history, depopulate somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭fcussen

An organisation telling uneducated Africans that condoms are a worse evil than AIDs is an extremely great threat to humanity

Millicent wrote: »
    Or that they all seem to have "nothing against the gehs" while all the while arguing for less rights for them? :D

gheys have every right but for the sex itself. I love you, man.. just don't develop a stiffy n try mount me. Eliminate this aspect and you will be ... Not gay?!

LH Pathe wrote: »
    gheys have every right but for the sex itself. I love you, man.. just don't develop a stiffy n try mount me. Eliminate this aspect and you will be ... Not gay?!

I gotta be honest--you may as well be speaking Dutch to me for all I understood of that. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

I've tried a couple of time and came fairly close.

fwiw, I'm gay but I am making a conscious decision to not act on it. (I did once before and I can do it again..for lots of reasons not just religious/spiritually based ones) Doesn't mean everyone else should too. I wholly support gay marriage, partnerships and same sex parents, there isn't a doubt in my mind that they will prove to be not just as good but better at all those things than their straight counterparts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

How does gay marriage threaten humanity? All those who have persecuted and murdered millions were straight, perhaps had strange fetishes and oedipus complexities, but straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Babybuff wrote: »
    I've tried a couple of time and came fairly close.

Myself and my girlfriend keep trying, but no luck. Haven't a clue what we are doing wrong...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

diddlybit wrote: »
    Myself and my girlfriend keep trying, but no luck. Haven't a clue what we are doing wrong...:confused:
    you're just going to have to keep trying :pac:

Millicent wrote: »

I gotta be honest--you may as well be speaking Dutch to me for all I understood of that. :pac:

mph.. dont play dumb. it's not like I treat you as a non-national just because you're gay? so please understand... how could it possibly be I would accept you as closer to me, as a sexual homophobe, despite you fancying me more. And that, jack, would be an unnatural fact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Seriously dude, you really think they'd want you?

Er, no.

• Advertisement
Advertisement