Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Record Shop

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The article is really really long. Where is it opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Wingnut Records Waterford
    Hard Times bookstore, 2 Peter Street, Waterford City.

Had to look up where Peter Street was on Google Maps - it's across from Burger King

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Sully wrote: »
    The article is really really long. Where is it opening?

Near the end of the article it says:
    Hard Times bookstore, 2 Peter Street, Waterford City

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

I assume it is the secondhand book shop across from the taxi rank by burgerking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Great news. Good people involved so I hope it goes well for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭decies

I assume it is the secondhand book shop across from the taxi rank by burgerking.
    ??

decies wrote: »
    ??

where Perry used to have the veg shop, back in the day.

across from side entrance to the ladies Dunnes stores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What's the bookshop like? (Peter Street runs from the traffic lights at Dunnes through what is now City Square and out the other side to Henrietta Street)

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

I seen a stand beside the entrance to Sportsavers last week. Maybe that's the one?

book shop is not bad. I picked up a few music books before Christmas, they were not cheap but would have been a little hard to get so I was happy to pay almost new price for them.
    They seem to do a decent selection of fantasy/sci-fi/horror as well as the usual slightly out of date travel books and biographies. I'd guess that the longer it lasts the more it will improve as he/they learn what sells and what does not.

• Advertisement

Cheers I've got a stack of books in good nick, wonder if they'd buy some of them.

could be the place to pass on a few Kerrang mags :)

Are they that hip? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

This is good news, Wingnut are great for bands too, and I know Kate involved in setting this up, it'll make a big difference to alot of bands here :) Plus I like the book shop too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 yankadi

good stuff, or is it just indie stuff? used to be a great shop there many moons back called wicked discs !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

yankadi wrote: »
    good stuff, or is it just indie stuff? used to be a great shop there many moons back called wicked discs !

I was trying to remember the name of that shop! I think it was spelled WickeDiscs, I bought some good 2nd hand vinyl in there back in the nineties. It was a fairly bare-bones shop, just whitewashed walls and a few racks of records but he didn't stock any of usual crap that 2nd hand record shops used to.

Might give this new place a try, especially if theres a good selection of sci-fi books.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭M O N T O

Sorry for bringing this topic back up, can someone shed some light on the whereabouts of this shop?

Is it the stall outside Lifestyle sports yous are talking about or is it further down from Burger King?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭next

is this the old Golly Gosh store ? is it just vinyl ?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

M O N T O wrote: »
    Sorry for bringing this topic back up, can someone shed some light on the whereabouts of this shop?

Is it the stall outside Lifestyle sports yous are talking about or is it further down from Burger King?

Next to the entrance at sportsavers just across from burger king.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Few cd's and vinyls. Mostly books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Silverado

Rainbow Records sells some great vinyls etc on New st.

Advertisement