Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Childminder?

Options
  • 10-01-2012 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how much i can expect to pay for a childminder.
    2 kids ....one is 5...the other is 9 months.
    The five year old needs to be dropped and colected from school.
    Hours would be 7.30-4.30 (9hrs)
    whats the going rate per hour...per day etc.
    The minder will come to my house and look after the kids here.
    Bray area
    cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

If you want the childminder to come to your house then you are an employer so you'll have to pay minimum wage, take care of tax, universal social charge, statutory holiday and public holiday pay etc. It's much more straightforward to bring the children to the childminder where I'd expect you'd pay €1200- €1400 a month. I pay a crèche €850 for my almost 1 year old but a childminder would be paid the same so probably one and a half times that is a reasonable benchmark.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

for a 45 hour week I would expect about 450 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Just wondering how much i can expect to pay for a childminder.
    2 kids ....one is 5...the other is 9 months.
    The five year old needs to be dropped and colected from school.
    Hours would be 7.30-4.30 (9hrs)
    whats the going rate per hour...per day etc.
    The minder will come to my house and look after the kids here.
    Bray area
    cheers.

Have a look through this thread Mr Boots.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056511096

It doesn't specifically mention Bray but there are some opinions given on how much it costs.

Also, there are some points made on whether one should have to pay minimum wage or not also, which you might find useful to know.

Advertisement