Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to cook the perfect.... [Guardian.co.uk]

Options
  • 10-01-2012 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else read the "How to cook the perfect..." column on the guardian website?

I follow it in a loose kinda manner. I've cooked several of the recipes and they've always turned out quite delicious! I quite like the process the writer follows, looking at different recipes and picking out the bits she likes.
    Also, because she writes up the process she went through, there's lots of room for experimentation with variations.

I cooked the beef stew last week sans dumplings and it was great. Or at least it was great til I went mad at the end and over-seasoned it!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2011/feb/03/how-cook-perfect-beef-stew

Because I'm just starting to cook, I find the column quite interesting. Often I've no idea what ingredients actually DO. I just chuck them in because the recipe says so. The same goes for techniques, I just do what I'm told!
    A little information about the why has really made me a better cook. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I picked up a pound of stewing beef yesterday, so I'm going to use that recipe I think.

I've some Porter at home I think I'll use instead of stout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

They make an interesting read alright!

Advertisement