Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live House Party 2012

Options
  • 10-01-2012 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭

PS-Have no idea where the connection between an excess of young hot women dancing at a house party has anything to do with 4 XBLA games! :rolleyes:

4 games this year but sadly no Trials Evolution, hopefully that one comes out sooner rather than later. heres the list.

Alan Wake American Nightmare
    Warp
    Nexuiz
    I Am Alive

No word yet on any special promo if you buy all 4 games, no dates yet either but should be next month and into March if its to match last year's House Party.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

some more trailers and stuff

Warp

Nexuiz

I Am Alive

Alan Wake's American Nightmare

Personally, I think Alan Wake could be a great Arcade game, I thought the original dragged for a while, with the sequel, it looks like more variety in the combat fighting bigger and badder foes but with more firepower and the game will be shorter, a 5 hour story is being mentioned, i think it could work out very well.

Warp looks like good fun, bit like a cross of plosion man and portal. I have no interest in Nexuiz, FPS dont appeal to me much although it looks like it will be a very polished Quake Like game. I Am Alive could go either way but def looks interesting at least...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I am alive could be great, was originally meant to be a retail release.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

I'll definitely be getting Alan Wake, and if reviews for I am Alive are good then I might get that too. I thought the original Alan Wake was fine, it was the DLC for it that was pure rubbish in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

OK. Someone please explain to me who or what is House Party?

Is it just a fancy name for deals on XBLA games?

Nexuiz looks like Quake mixed with Warhammer. (Does it even need a "story"?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

chin_grin wrote: »
    OK. Someone please explain to me who or what is House Party?

Is it just a fancy name for deals on XBLA games?

Nexuiz looks like Quake mixed with Warhammer. (Does it even need a "story"?)

Like "Summer of Arcade," "House Party" is just an umbrella to draw more attention to new xbla titles.

In any case I Am Alive looks promising. Post-apocalypse is all the rage these days but controlling a vulnerable character with little fire-power might give the game a more realistic survival horror edge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I Am Alive is the only thing there I would hope to get.

I hated Alan Wake, it was such a disappointment, it was the same fight in the woods over and over again to his annoying narration. I could never go back and play it again or another AW title.

No interest in the other 2 titles either, XBLA shooters don't seem to get the audience, so after a while there is nobody playing online, so its pointless buying them, BF1943 being the exception.

the start of House Party is confirmed to be the 15th of Febuary.

I reckon the games will come out in the order they come in on the first video I posted. If im right, that means:

Alan Wake-15th Feb
    Warp-22th
    Nexuiz-29th
    I am Alive-7th of March

This probably means Trials Evolution wont be out til at least April as I cant imagine Microsoft will want it to clash with this thing and affect sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Alan Wake - 15th February
    I Am Alive - 22nd February
    Nexiuz - 29th February
    Warp - 7th March

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-11-alan-wakes-american-nightmare-release-date

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

According to True achivements if you buy the four games you get 800 points back.

Mr E wrote: »
    Alan Wake - 15th February
    I Am Alive - 22nd February
    Nexiuz - 29th February
    Warp - 7th March

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-11-alan-wakes-american-nightmare-release-date

ok I wasnt quite right, strange that the 2 biggest profile games are getting released first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Heh... order changed again.
    Microsoft has revealed the release schedule for its impending Xbox Live Arcade House Party season.
    First up on 15th February is EA's top-down puzzle adventure Warp, priced at 800 Points.
    That's followed on 22nd February by survival horror spin-off Alan Wake's American Nightmare, priced at 1200 Points.
    Then THQ arena FPS Nexuiz arrives on 29th February, priced at 800 Points.
    Finally, Ubisoft's long-delayed survival adventure I Am Alive belatedly sees the light of day on 7th March, priced at 1200 Points.
    As an incentive to pick up the lot, Microsoft will hand over 800 free points if you shell out for all four.

TL;DR Order:

Feb 15th: Warp
    Feb 22nd: Alan Wake
    Feb 29th: Nexuiz
    March 7th: I Am Alive

800 free points if you buy all 4.

Mr E wrote: »
    Heh... order changed again.

TL;DR Order:

Feb 15th: Warp
    Feb 22nd: Alan Wake