Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burning a 2 hour movie with iDVD

• 10-01-2012 9:44am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I just want to know am I mad trying to burn a two hour video with iDVD? I was getting errors and so exported it using .mov just to see if it would work. At that terrible quality the video is 6GB - so I don't know how it would ever fit on a blank DVD. I remember a 15 minute video I made once had a 1.5GB disk image.

Any ideas what I should do? Is there any way of getting a high quality two hour DVD? Should I split it up into two DVDs? It's a school project so it wouldn't be the worst thing ever to split it up, but I'd love to be able to keep it on one disk.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You could get the trial of Divx converter, it'll turn most video formats into a divx file which can be played on most DVD players at a quality ranging from decent to HD.

Your files are quiet large and probably have no reason to be, your probably not using any compression which is whats leading to the massive file sizes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I thought compression would decrease the quality. How do I use compression? I've just been making it in iMovie from my .dv files and then going to Share-Export at highest quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

dory wrote: »
    I thought compression would decrease the quality. How do I use compression? I've just been making it in iMovie from my .dv files and then going to Share-Export at highest quality.

I normally create the movie (from SD DV) in Final Cut Express; then export it as a QT Movie to a folder (with chapters already created); then import it into iDVD.

But I was getting errors when trying to burn to DVD (multiplexing errors). My solution (after much Googling!) was to burn Video TS files to the hard drive; then burn them to DVD with Toast. Two hour DVDs no problem.

Hope that helps.:)

Advertisement