Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay as you go Credit Card processing or Rental options?

Options
  • 10-01-2012 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

I am in the process of setting up my first business here which will be a semi-annual event. I will need credit card processing but for only 8 days of the year. Are they any credit card processors that have an option for short term use like that? Or perhaps something I could use to rent for just the time I need, less than a week each time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

I suppose in this case Paypal is really your only option. I cannot see any other payment processing company (Worldpay, Realex etc.) allowing you only to have an account or be charged for 8 days. Paypal won't allow Laser cards though

Its a pity www.stripe.com wasn't available in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Jamerican

My fault, I should mention that it is in person processing, so paypal unfortunately wouldn't work. I will also need more than one terminal as there will be more than one checkout. So overwhelming!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

I think then you need to take the hit and get a merchant account from your bank. You will need one of those before you can even attempt to use a terminal. I thought it was online venture.

Once you have the merchant account then you could look at hiring out the terminals/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Depends on what you are doing/selling

You could from a PC generate a request money email from paypal to the persons email address

Give them another machine that they can login to and they can pick up their email and follow the paypal link to pay for the goods/services

Obviously this will only work where they are low volumes of transactions

Advertisement