Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for anyone coming on WHV

Options
  • 10-01-2012 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

STAY IN A FRICKING HOSTEL!!!

Stop dossing on my couch...or anyones couch or floor or bathtub etc. Its not cool and its really annoying for other people living in the house who have no say in the matter.

If you can't afford to stay in a hostel, DON'T COME TO AUSTRALIA! :mad::mad::mad: Seriously, its like $18 a night to stay in a dorm room.

So far this week, there was two housemates friends sleeping in my living room, a 'friend of the brother' kipping on another friends couch, 'someone I went to school with' on the floor in another friends house and 'my cousins gf' staying somewhere else.

What is with the Irish mentality of going on Facebook, checking the location of all your friends, seeing who's in Sydney, melbourne, Brissy etc and sending them a private message asking if you can doss on their couch for a few days???

Have we become the new Indians whereby two people move in and four weeks later sixteen walk out?

Rant Over

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I LOL'd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

You should get ACA or Today Tonight and do a piece on it, call it Backpacker's now invading our couch

Then we should record it and send it to RTE so Joe Duffy can have all the mammys crying that their childer had to emigrate to someone's bath tub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Batgurl wrote: »
    Have we become the new Indians

I was told the Irish are the Polish of Australia... So no you can't be both.

(for all the high horse jockeys, this is a joke I was told by an Irishman)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Cooperspale

Totally agree. You made me laugh.

The kid brother came to stay for 2 weeks a few years back. He arrived early Nov and left in Feb!
    While he was in residence, he fried our lap top, killed a few pots and drank/ate anything we had. Even the 2 Irish cadburys bars (that mum posted to me for chrimbo) hidden in the fridge disappeared, the frigger left the wrapper!
    Had to draw the line when he wanted to bring random strangers home from hostels to avail of our hospitality.
    He got a job as a clown in Luna Park and I never saw a cent. He was a clown alright!
    We ended up christening him Nigel, Daphne's parasitic brother from Frasier.

There are always a few leeches/parasites in the backbacker fraternity.

Advertisement