Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valeting Service City Square Ha

Options
  • 10-01-2012 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

Some joke, friend and I got the car valeted in the city square car park valet on saturday, had to leave the car parked in there unit/space and they said come back in 3 hours..... came back, got the van, very clean I admit, had to pay 50€ which i thought was reasonable, then he told me I had to pay for parking to exit the car park??? Sure I hadn't parked the car in there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

bad form alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Yea I would have thought they would cover the parking!

Think the carpark is run by a different company aren't they ?

Anyone else hate walking out to that carpark to walk through a cloud of smoke from the employees? Surely they shouldn't be allowed smoke in there! Sorry for going OT I just hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Never seen any of them smoking in there!

Wouldnt have though that would be allowed? sure isnt the car park no smoking area like?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

You have always had to pay for parking unless its a full valet I think. Its supposed to be a valet for those who will be in town and parking in city square. You entered the car park yourself so you did park it!

A load of Car Parks around Ireland do the same. If you didn't want to wait long you can book it in so someone is free when you're car arrives.

Never noticed them smoking either tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

That's bad form, I was under the impression it was covered in the cost. I've never heard anyone have this problem before though, maybe it's a new thing? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

michellie wrote: »

Anyone else hate walking out to that carpark to walk through a cloud of smoke from the employees? Surely they shouldn't be allowed smoke in there! Sorry for going OT I just hate it.

When I worked in City Square, it was never allowed, but I have seen loads of people smoking at the bins at the enterances in to the shopping area from the car park. Tell Alan....

Email us : info@city-square.ie

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    michellie wrote: »

When I worked in City Square, it was never allowed, but I have seen loads of people smoking at the bins at the enterances in to the shopping area from the car park. Tell Alan....

Yea its down at the bins. Always happening! I emailed them before and got a reply

" The owners of the car park are Cecil & Bernie Rothwell and can be contacted at 051 853303, which is the car park office number. I have noted your complaint and would ask that you contact them directly on this issue"

Didn't bother ringing though!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

batm!ke wrote: »
    That's bad form, I was under the impression it was covered in the cost. I've never heard anyone have this problem before though, maybe it's a new thing? :confused:

It was always like that for as far as I can recall. Free parking with full valet only. Then I think they stopped that altogether. But I thought around Christmas I heard an advert on WLR saying if you spent over something like €40 parking was included.

Iv often seen people smoking in the car park and im fairly sure one of the parking attendants you see at busy times used to smoke in the car park also.

Iv not seen any of the car cleaning crew smoke tho.

Sully wrote: »

Iv often seen people smoking in the car park and im fairly sure one of the parking attendants you see at busy times used to smoke in the car park also.

Iv not seen any of the car cleaning crew smoke tho.
    No I've not seen the car cleaning crew smoke either, but various other city square employees hang around those bins smoking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

2 of the managers from Dunnes Stores are always down at the entrance beside the car valeting area puffing away. Not singling them out but they are the only ones I ever see there and I use the centre every day.

As for e-mailing the City Square, they have nothing to do with the car-park as stated above and I reckon the owners of the car park are only interested in the money.

Advertisement