Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know those Vodafone signal booster things?

Options
  • 10-01-2012 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭

The ones that use your home broadband to boost the signal in your house?
    Are they locked to Vodafone? Or can you get one for three?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Three supply them in NBS areas to customers on an NBS contract...once they complain that is. I never heard of them elsewhere save where the customer bought their own.

They are not cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks Sponge Bob.

When you say not cheap, how bad is it? My house is a disaster for phone reception thanks to stupid energy effeciency regulations. My phone is usually searching for a signal inside the house, but once I step outside, I've a full 3G signal.
    All networks are the same. It's so bad, we had to get in a landline so we could get/make calls!

So as long as those boosters aren't ridiculous, they'd be worth it.

No less than €400...will work on all networks that. I do suspect your house is drylined and you have K glass too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    No less than €400...will work on all networks that. I do suspect your house is drylined and you have K glass too. :D

Don't you have to have some sort of agreement with the mobile operator to let you "on" from your broadband SB ?

Oh sorry, the Voda unit carries phone calls over DSL, I was thinking of one of these.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64110845

Only Voda offers a 3G<>DSL unit that I know of.

• Advertisement
Advertisement