Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How effective are sound moderators on a .22lr?

Options
  • 10-01-2012 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Haya, how affective is this moderator for .22LRs? is it the standard 1/2" thread? where are you from? do you know what model it is? thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Haya, how affective is this moderator for .22LRs? is it the standard 1/2" thread? where are you from? do you know what model it is? thanks a million!

they are very effective on a .22 with subsonic ammo, all you hear is a slight hiss and the pin striking the casing.

But this thread is from 2006, id say its long sold

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

on my ruger 10/22 all you hear is the bolt slap and a phfit!
    ....to be clear not a pist or a pitt its a pfit!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

...and then you'll hear the bullet hit the target!

It will be a 1/2" UNF thread, thats 20 TPI.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ssl

I've the a Parker Hale mod and with sub somic ammo all I can hear is the spring going off, the pin striking case and the bullet striking the target. I've 1/2 inch unc thread on my rifle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Loudest part is usually the bullet striking the target, only other thing you can here is the firing pin - using subsonics. Using standard, high, or hyper velocity is another thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement