Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Supermarket Crêpes

Options
  • 10-01-2012 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if and where you can buy fresh crêpes, packaged stuff? A friend of mine said she found them before in Dunnes (in Maynooth in particular). I couldn't be bother going cooking them as I'd only eat one or two so buying them would be much easier for me.

I have never seen them before anywhere?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I can't say that I've seen packaged crepes, but definitely pancakes in SuperValu & Dunnes.

However, they usually come in packs of 8 or 10 so that may not suit either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

If you make too many crepes, freeze them with parchment in-between them for easy defrosting and eating :)

But I have seen them in a vacumn pack in the fridge/dairy section in dunnes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Not 100% what you're asking for (cos they definitely are not fresh) but tesco do prepack, chocolate filled crepes. I've seen them in lots of Tescos in Dublin

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=35265025

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I have definitely seen packaged crepes over the years, in Supervalu, Tesco and Dunnes. They come in packets of about 6 or 8 crepes, about the size of a small frying pan. I think I may also have seen them in the large Centra/Londis shops. They are quite thick and rubbery and come in a stack, in a firm, clear plastic package. If I recall correctly they are usually in the fridge.

Home-made crepes will be much cheaper and taste better though, and can be frozen, as suggested above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Not 100% what you're asking for (cos they definitely are not fresh) but tesco do prepack, chocolate filled crepes. I've seen them in lots of Tescos in Dublin

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=35265025

God they're depressing looking things aren't they!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Acoshla wrote: »
    God they're depressing looking things aren't they!

They look better than they taste. Filling is disgusting and like most shop bought pancakes/crepes you get a bicarbonate bitter aftertaste.

Advertisement