Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dilemma - new bike or keep current one ?

• 10-01-2012 11:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Pretty inexperienced on the whole motorbike world. though I have been commuting using my GZ 125 since '04.

Basically, I use this bike for commuting to and from town to work, about 18km round trip. Bike has served me well, regularly serviced and few problems. Having said that, it needs a good service and probably new tires too. I would love to get a brand new Marauder but they no longer make them apparently.

Last time I was in the bike shop, I noticed they were doing a promotion on the GN 125. It was 2,195 for a brand new one. Same basics as my current bike if a little less attractive.

I'm thinking it might cost me a couple of hundred anyways to get the service, and even if I picked up a couple of hundred on selling my current one I would be reducing the outlay immediately.

Can anyone offer any advice? :confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Buy something with a bigger engine, thank me later :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Heres an almost new one

You don't say what mileage is on yours, but a quick look on Donedeal suggests it could be worth as little as €950.

If it meets your needs and is running reliably apart from a service and some consumables then look after it and keep it. If your parts get hard every time a CBR600 passes you then thats a different thing and you should get a Credit Union loan immediately...

'cptr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

There's no point in buying another 125 and there's no point in buying a brand new bike with the depreciation as it is. If you're happy with yours get the few bits that need doing done and keep on riding. If you fancy a change look 2nd hand 250cc+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,418 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Of course if OP has an A1 licence and not an A, then moving beyond 125cc will be a bit of hassle.

Scrap the cap!

Advertisement