Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reset my router every morning.

Options
  • 10-01-2012 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭

Morning all.

Pretty much every morning without fail, and downloads I've been running overnight have stopped and I cannot access the internet. To resolve, I have to the other room, switch off/on the router again, and within 2 minutes everything's flying.
    The router in question is one of your branded Zyxel things.

Is there any way around this? Can anyone recommend a different router that won't suffer the same problems?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Soarer wrote: »
    Morning all.

Pretty much every morning without fail, and downloads I've been running overnight have stopped and I cannot access the internet. To resolve, I have to the other room, switch off/on the router again, and within 2 minutes everything's flying.
    The router in question is one of your branded Zyxel things.

Is there any way around this? Can anyone recommend a different router that won't suffer the same problems?

Thanks.

Hi Soarer,

I ran a few tests on your line which is testing fine, however I did see the history of disconnects you outlined.

Do you have sky TV or a monitored alarm connected on the same line?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Soarer

Hi Mark, thanks for your reply.

No monitored alarm. I have Sky alright, but it's in a different room. There's not even a phone in the room with the router...just the router itself.

It's not life threatening or anything like, just a bit of a pain that I could do without. Especially when you think your download will be finished by the time you wake up!;)

Hi Mark, thanks for your reply.

No monitored alarm. I have Sky alright, but it's in a different room. There's not even a phone in the room with the router...just the router itself.

It's not life threatening or anything like, just a bit of a pain that I could do without. Especially when you think your download will be finished by the time you wake up!;)

Hi Soarer,

I will check it out in more detail with broadband support and get back to you soon.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Soarer

Hi Mark.

Did you ever get a chance to look into this? It's starting to grate with me a bit at this stage.:confused:

Thanks.

Hi Mark.

Did you ever get a chance to look into this? It's starting to grate with me a bit at this stage.:confused:

Thanks.

Hi Soarer,

I apologise I have not got back to you sooner. I ran a teston your line and it is showing a possible iussue which was not the case at the end of Janusary.

Can you try a quick checklist to see if that shows any improvement.

- http://bit.ly/yzDfBM

If not the issue may need to be escalated to technicans via broadband technical support on 1890 260 260.

Can you try the checks and get back to me.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement