Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3 Problems

Options
  • 10-01-2012 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Anyone else having the same problems with Battlefield3?

Such as:
    Going into a game with friends and you get put on oppisate teams
    Not being put in the same squad if you are on the same team when the game starts.
    No Cross-hairs or random cross-hairs when hip firing.
    Some of the awards images not showing when you get your 200 points
    The 100 points staying on the screen for ages after killing someone.
    Spending hours trying to get a game in ANY game type on ANY map.

I'm also noticing a lot of problems with hit markers and similar problems that you'd see in Modern Warfare.

There's a lot of problems they really need to sort out soon. The old Battlefield2 was much more stable then the new one. If you shoot someone they died, simple as.

The graphics and sound are out of this world but the multi-player really needs to be fixed and soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

This I haven't expierenced but the rest of them (with the exception of the hours)I'd say most of the people who play BF3 have had these problems.

xxWhile Spending hours trying to get a game in ANY game type on ANY map. Are you trying to join mates because then you need to wait till someone leaves and this can take a long time. Are you using the Browser search because other then when there is some down time I can find games easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭jetpack101

This I haven't expierenced but the rest of them (with the exception of the hours)I'd say most of the people who play BF3 have had these problems.

xxWhile Spending hours trying to get a game in ANY game type on ANY map. Are you trying to join mates because then you need to wait till someone leaves and this can take a long time. Are you using the Browser search because other then when there is some down time I can find games easily.

The 100 points thing happens every now and then. For example, if you shoot 2 players in quick succession it looks like you killed the other guy but its the points from the first kill. This is when it can get really confusing.

On the finding a game issue, We have used the browser way and the normal way and both have given problems, even when you can see there is plenty of room for your 3-4 players. Sometimes it gets so frustrating we just quit and turn it off.

Last night was not to bad, we where getting games pretty handy. It can be random when its going to happen. The hard part is when you spend an age trying to get into a game and then have to leave because of the game play. For example, players that just won't die.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

To fix the team issue, just join the game normally, and the choose the option to not put you in a squad automatically. This way it'll put you all in the same squad. I don't know why but this has and still does work for my friends and I.

With regard to the slow game finding time, this could have to do with your connection. Anything ranging from closed NAT to poor ping.

To fix the team issue, just join the game normally, and the choose the option to not put you in a squad automatically. This way it'll put you all in the same squad. I don't know why but this has and still does work for my friends and I.

With regard to the slow game finding time, this could have to do with your connection. Anything ranging from closed NAT to poor ping.

I'll give that a go and get back to you.

With relation to the connection thing. The network is fine with all open NAT and 30Mb broadband.

I did a bit of digging and a number of people where having the same problem. Even a few youtube videos about it.

jetpack101 wrote: »
    With relation to the connection thing. The network is fine with all open NAT and 30Mb broadband.

I did a bit of digging and a number of people where having the same problem. Even a few youtube videos about it.

Have you taken a ping test on http://www.pingtest.net, it should tell you if your connect is good, the download speed has very little to do with your ping speeds. Or it could be a genuine problem with bf3 servers so.

• Advertisement

Have you taken a ping test on http://www.pingtest.net, it should tell you if your connect is good, the download speed has very little to do with your ping speeds. Or it could be a genuine problem with bf3 servers so.

Yeh, tried the Ping Test and everything is fine. I did notice last night that I kept getting disconnected from the EA servers very 10 or so minutes. When I checked my internet on the PC's it was fine. Also, my son was playing Modern Warfare on his XBox and it was OK.

I think EA need to get its house in order with this Game.

Yeh, tried the Ping Test and everything is fine. I did notice last night that I kept getting disconnected from the EA servers very 10 or so minutes. When I checked my internet on the PC's it was fine. Also, my son was playing Modern Warfare on his XBox and it was OK.

I think EA need to get its house in order with this Game.

yeah, sounds like EA's problem. There is one other thing you could try, try to manually enter DNS settings into your xbox connection settings, try to use the Google Public DNS settings, primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4

I doubt that will do very much but it will completely rule out any connection issues when connecting to the EA servers.

yeah, sounds like EA's problem. There is one other thing you could try, try to manually enter DNS settings into your xbox connection settings, try to use the Google Public DNS settings, primary: 8.8.8.8, secondary: 8.8.4.4

I doubt that will do very much but it will completely rule out any connection issues when connecting to the EA servers.

That sounds very interesting. I'll try that when I get home.
    Can I keep an automatic IP or do I have to fix it when changing the DNS??

This might be a long shot but would this help or hinder when it comes to getting hit markers or overall game performance. Might be a silly question but you don't know till you ask. :D

That sounds very interesting. I'll try that when I get home.
    Can I keep an automatic IP or do I have to fix it when changing the DNS??

This might be a long shot but would this help or hinder when it comes to getting hit markers or overall game performance. Might be a silly question but you don't know till you ask. :D

I use a static ip myself, but you can keep the IP automatic.

It would be indifferent, it shouldn't make a huge difference other than your connection times to EA's servers for game finding.

OK, Tried the settings and no change when finding games.

Tonight it has got a lot worse, I called UPC and they said the connecting was fine.

I have noticed that all the computers are still up and the internet is still up but I'm getting dropped off EA servers every 10 minutes. Tonight I had 2 really good games and before they ended I got a black screen and the message came up that I was disconnected from the EA Servers. I got none of the points I have collected.

If I leave the xbox on after getting disconnected I get disconnected from Xbox Live.

If I play Modern Warfare I have no problems and I can stay on as long as I like.

I'm convinced this is an EA problem. I only have about 1800 points for a kit rank up and 300 point for an overall rank up. I've been playing all night with some really good games and I still have not gotten the rank up's.

I have 3 XBox and 3 PC's on the network. I have never had this problem before the last 2 days.

With relation to my Network, I have the Linksys WRT120N Router in applications & Gaming I have DMX disabled.

Everything has worked perfect up to now with no changes to the Network so I can't see how its my network that could be causing it.

• Advertisement

Well, just to be very sure, have you tried resetting the UPC modem, by holding down the reset button for 10 seconds, this will reset all settings, so do at your own risk (it'll only delete port forwarding settings, so if you haven't changed these your fine to do the reset).

Also, it could just be your skill which is lacking (i don't want to sound like a dick here), Everyone has one and off games, i'd fine in BF3 i'd have some brilliant games, and other crap ones.

Well, just to be very sure, have you tried resetting the UPC modem, by holding down the reset button for 10 seconds, this will reset all settings, so do at your own risk (it'll only delete port forwarding settings, so if you haven't changed these your fine to do the reset).

Also, it could just be your skill which is lacking (i don't want to sound like a dick here), Everyone has one and off games, i'd fine in BF3 i'd have some brilliant games, and other crap ones.

Tried resetting everything but still the same. About 11:00pm last night I played a few game and it stayed on-line (still no changes to my network, everything the same) which has convinced me that it must be the EA servers causing the problem. Did a bit of digging on the web and found that a number of people where having this problem.

With relation to the Skill. I'm not the greatest player in the game and never have been so so offence taken by your comment, but I can't see how my skill level would make the servers drop out??

With relation to the Skill. I'm not the greatest player in the game and never have been so so offence taken by your comment, but I can't see how my skill level would make the servers drop out??

In a previous post, you were on about how you weren't ranking up as fast.

Also, it could be just congestion on your broadband. As you said, you have lots of devices on the network. Too many devices want access to the router, and that UPC modem isn't the best for network traffic. That would explain why you didn't drop out at 11 last night. Have you tried playing into the early hours of the night? have you got dropouts?

In a previous post, you were on about how you weren't ranking up as fast.

Also, it could be just congestion on your broadband. As you said, you have lots of devices on the network. Too many devices want access to the router, and that UPC modem isn't the best for network traffic. That would explain why you didn't drop out at 11 last night. Have you tried playing into the early hours of the night? have you got dropouts?

No, what I mean is I played a number of games and got dropped so the score did not count.

The congestion could be an issue! I just have the basic modem and my own router. The router UPC provide is hopeless. I will just have to wait and see how it is this evening. All the devices have been there since I got the broadband a number of years ago. The problem only started in the last week or so.

It's a very weird problem indeed, I'd say if it's not congestion, then it's EA's servers. Can the other xboxes play grand without disconnection?

Only 2 of us where playing Battlefield3 the other xbox was playing Modern Warfare and he was fine.

We got the message "Disconnected from EA Servers" then about 5 minutes after "Disconnected from Xbox Live" The second bit only happens occasionally.

While this is going on, the MW3 player is still on and playing away to his harts content :)

It couldn't be EA's problem if your disconnecting from live, it's strange, have you tried a different Ethernet cable? And plug it into a different port in the router. Or you could just put the UPC modem in bridge mode and get a new wireless router to handle all the wireless and cabled traffic. From what i remember with your UPC modem is that when too much traffic is sent through the UPC modem, it decides to crash, hence cause the connection to drop.

Just a quick update.

I disconnected everything, plugged everything out and connected the Xbox directly to the modem and it still kicked me out.

Only this time the map went all funny (best way I can describe it) then a black screen with "saving data" and it disconnected me.

It could be a faulty disc so. Just throwing it out there. Have you installed the texture pack to your hard drive?

OK,
    This is where I got to last night.

Removed everything
    Changed cable
    Changed Netgear switch box
    Connected My Xbox to the Modem directly (stayed on line)
    Connected My Xbox to Router (stayed on line)
    Connected each device one by one (Stayed on line)
    Changed one New Xbox (only newly installed about a week ago) from wired to wireless (stayed on line)

Everything is up and running and staying on line. This was all done from about 9:30 on.

I will have to see what happens this evening. If I go on at about 7:00 to 9:00 and it drops out I can assume its contention that's causing the problem. If I go on and nothing drops out then either a cable or a Switchbox was causing the problem.

Up until we put the new Xbox in last Monday we had no problems what so ever. The new xbox (replaced an old one) was connected on a wired connection. I'm wondering was it looking for a wireless connection (even though the cable was plugged in) and causing the router to drop out. Just a guess.

I'll know more when it try to get online later.

Its like looking for a needle in a hay stack!!!

• Advertisement

If you plug in an ethernet cable, it'd overwrite any search for a wireless network. It sounds to me that it could be either the cable or the modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭ondafly

these issues in the OP are well known, and I've had most of them. Even had a similiar icon sticking issue, i.e. you are at point C and move away from point C, but the bloody C stays in the middle of the screen blocking your view.

Anyways these are all related to EA and their servers- plenty of posts on EA sites all about it !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

ondafly wrote: »
    Anyways these are all related to EA and their servers- plenty of posts on EA sites all about it !

if he is getting disconnected for live its a connection as ea have nothing to do with the live servers.

so if it was an ea issue you would just get disconnected from the ea servers
    not completely from xbox live.

also the problems you described are caused by lag. select a eu server.
    or maybe you connection is ****e

Advertisement