Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Radio goes down when i check my emails

Options
  • 10-01-2012 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi, when I check my emails on ms office 2007 my Roberts internet radio goes down for a while and then starts up again.
    I am using a vodafone router with printer/radio/laptop on wifi.
    I wish i was more of a tecki but has this got something with ports?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

oldpad wrote: »
    Hi, when I check my emails on ms office 2007 my Roberts internet radio goes down for a while and then starts up again.
    I am using a vodafone router with printer/radio/laptop on wifi.
    I wish i was more of a tecki but has this got something with ports?

Dont think its ports since mail comes though 25 which has nothing to do with how the roberts receives signal form the web. I have a roberts aswell and it does disconnect alot but its usually because im using up the available bandwidth and anyway the roberts is pretty bad to be honest I think. Could you be download large emails and slowing the broadband in general down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 oldpad

Thanks for your advice, bandwidth could be the issue, though my emails are short. How do i measure bandwidth? Is that a figure on both sides of the channel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 oldpad

Thanks for your advice, bandwidth could be the issue, though my emails are short. How do i measure bandwidth? Is that a figure on both sides of the channel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Advertisement