Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classes/Activities for People @ Weekend

Options
  • 10-01-2012 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I have had a look through other threads but don't see anything like this! :)

Just wondering if anyone knows any classes/activities for people (male and female) at the weekends in Galway City! Looking to start a few classes with my boyfriend but everything seems to be on mid week however this does not suit with our working arrangement. :(

If anyone has any suggestions or advise please do tell! :D Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,246 ✭✭✭squonk

I can think of a few activities for couples to do, and they can be done anytime ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Guy I know does seafood cookery classes on Saturdays around lunchtime, might be fun especially if you like seafood: http://www.galwaybayseafoods.com/cookery-courses.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

At the risk of sparking a torrent of innuendo, what's the difference between an activity or class for couples, vs one for non-couples?

OTOH, if it's just weekend activities you're looking for:

walking club (I'm pretty sure it goes out then)
    join a gym
    or a church-choir (weekend by definition!)
    go for long bike-rides

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Chibodee

Oooops! I wasn't even considering the innuedo involved in asking this question. Innocent Chibodee :o

It was just to find out some classes that are available at the weekend times that might appeal / be suitable to both male and female person! :)

I guess I should rephrase the question as any classes that are on a weekend! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Does your boyfriend have a choice what activity is chosen:D Maybe do some kart racing, darts down the local, hunting, PS3/XBOX, poker... The list is endless :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

bikram hot yoga on the tuam road. Did it with the girlfriend a while back. Good workout and quite funny tryin to do and then hold the moves.

http://www.bikramyogagalway.ie/?page_id=50

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Probably not what you're after but the talks discussed in http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056322176 this thread are set to start up again before the end of this month on the 28th or 29th, weather-permitting.

Think so far the line-up has "How to Solve a Rubick's Cube","Memorisation Techniques", and something to do with music theory. I'll try to keep the Twitter page updated.

They'll only be on once or twice a month though, so probably not really 'classes' in that sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

JustMary wrote: »
    walking club
    Oh I've heard it all now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Oh I've heard it all now

Why? Is the idea of a walking club strange?
    Galway has its own club.
    Here.

Advertisement