Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere to buy GOOD fresh hollandaise sauce in Dublin?

Options
  • 10-01-2012 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭

As the title says :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭GaelMonfils

i know this aint the answer you are looking for but making your own hollandaise is a pile of pisss and very tasty.

Beat 3 egg yolks. Melt and clarify 225g of butter. Add a drizzle of white wine vinegar (or lemon juice) to the eggs and add in a tablespoon of cold water. Pinch of salt and pepper here too. By hand, whisk in the clarified butter. You will get a really rich creamy hollandaise thats hard to beat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭emmetmurphy

Superquinn maybe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Rob Nulty

I got some in superquinn once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭emmetmurphy

Is Hollandaise sauce from Holland ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Rob Nulty

No, the one i got was from superquinn as i said..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Is Hollandaise sauce from Holland ?

Stupid question make me find interesting answer :P

History - Most historians agree that it was originally called Sauce Isigny after a town in Normandy, Isigny-sur-Mer, known for its butter. Today, Normandy is called the cream capital of France. During World War I, butter production came to a halt in France and had to be imported from Holland. The name was changed to hollandaise to indicate the source of the butter and was never changed back.

I'll try Superquinn and if that fails I'll try making it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

probably fallon & byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Swampy wrote: »
    probably fallon & byrne.

Have looked for it in F&B and they didn't have it. Not fresh stuff anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

The Saucy Fish Co do hollandaise sauce - it's actually pretty good but I'd sharpen it up myself with another little squeeze of lemon. Tesco stock this product

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

M&S do Bearnaise which is similar (few herbs thrown in) yet to try mind you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement