Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CW - Fog of War temporarily disabled

Options
  • 10-01-2012 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭

http://worldoftanks.eu/news/909-clan-wars-update/
    Due to technical issues, the fog of war feature was removed after global map returned yesterday. Our developers are already working to implement the feature and we will update Clan Wars as soon as possible.

As we know from yesterday, the 'fog-of-war' caused all sorts of issues with the mini-map etc with tanks popping up all over the place, and others not popping up for some players.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Wargaming must have done some really in depth testing of the function considering everyone being affected by it...

I can see it return in, oh, 6 months time at the speed Wargaming fixes things (how long were arty tracers?).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Nody wrote: »
    Wargaming must have done some really in depth testing of the function considering everyone being affected by it...

Don't they always? :rolleyes:

Its was actually so noticeable, aggravating, and off-putting that it is certainly not something that could have been missed during testing.

It really was a shambles. You had to double-check every target on the mini-map to see if it really was an enemy tank, and double check some of your own team's positions - we had some of our tanks appearing in the enemy base when we had no tanks near there at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Don't they always? :rolleyes:

Its was actually so noticeable, aggravating, and off-putting that it is certainly not something that could have been missed during testing.

It really was a shambles. You had to double-check every target on the mini-map to see if it really was an enemy tank, and double check some of your own team's positions - we had some of our tanks appearing in the enemy base when we had no tanks near there at all.
    I had all our defensive tanks (bar arties!) disapear on Tebessa as the enemy was rolling up over side of the ridge (I was about to ask how everyone died when I still saw them in our list alive) in the first game but I think our arties had it worst. We had the enemy push us on base 2 so we had enemy AND friendly tank mixed up (and the map changing icon colors back and forth with random tanks disapearing).

Dio did say though he had to stop himself from putting a shell in friendly tank and I replied that's unusual for our arties, they are usually not that discriminate :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Nody wrote: »
    I had all our defensive tanks (bar arties!) disapear on Tebessa as the enemy was rolling up over side of the ridge (I was about to ask how everyone died when I still saw them in our list alive) in the first game but I think our arties had it worst. We had the enemy push us on base 2 so we had enemy AND friendly tank mixed up (and the map changing icon colors back and forth with random tanks disapearing).

Dio did say though he had to stop himself from putting a shell in friendly tank and I replied that's unusual for our arties, they are usually not that discriminate :pac:

We were on the other map :P

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

yep it was confusing as hell , at one stage it showed a scout beside me and Kalle and no tank there , I hope they get it working as it certainly adds to the match atmosphere/tension

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Diotoir

it was bad all tanks where enemy tanks i just coped the names but havin said that if it was anfield i would have just killed him for the crack

Advertisement