Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap Motorbike helmet

• 10-01-2012 2:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭

I know that you need a helmet to ride a motorbike, but i found a builders hard hat in the shed. Would this do until a time when i can afford an actual helmet?

Thanks Rob.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Rob Nulty wrote: »
    I know that you need a helmet to ride a motorbike, but i found a builders hard hat in the shed. Would this do until a time when i can afford an actual helmet?

Thanks Rob.

No it needs to be an approved motorcycle helmet. It would be madness anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Thanks Rob.

What protection do you think a builders helmet will offer in the event of an accident? If a bird drops a bag of nails on your head from twenty feet it might prevent damage but otherwise you will end up in hospital with some med student trying to lace the pieces of your skull together using nylon string.

LIDL sell helmets for €30 and you will find something suitable in your local bike shop for €50 - if you can't afford this basic piece of kit you shouldn't be on a bike. Can you afford insurance?

'cptr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

A builders hard hat? Jesus wept! Do they even have a chin strap?
    Buy a proper bike helmet, it's a legal requirement!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Rob Nulty

I'm not planning on falling off so thought the builders hard hat would be ok, i've a set of safety goggle too, so theyd help a bit.

Yep, i have insurance on my dad's car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Obvious troll is obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭emmetmurphy

Rob thats very dangerous what your doing. I have a free helmet and Jacket i can give you. and get some gloves in pennys very cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

People are taking this troll seriously?

Hi Emmet. Yea, im kind of figurin its not a great idea now..

Thanks a mill for the offer, will the helmet fit me? If youre in Dublin, i could collect tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Obvious troll is obvious.

Agreed! Lock it up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭emmetmurphy

Hi Emmet. Yea, im kind of figurin its not a great idea now..

Thanks a mill for the offer, will the helmet fit me? If youre in Dublin, i could collect tonight?

Yeah im in Donnybrook.
    Well the helmet should fit i got a new one at christmas so you can have my old one its only 6mths old

• Advertisement

Great, im going to Funderland tonight, ill pm you my number, maybe pick it up on the way! Might even wear it on the waltzer!! ha ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Yeah im in Donnybrook.
    Well the helmet should fit i got a new one at christmas so you can have my old one its only 6mths old
    Great, im going to Funderland tonight, ill pm you my number, maybe pick it up on the way! Might even wear it on the waltzer!! ha ha!

Maybe someone might check and see if these two are from the same IP address?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement