Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request for Help re: research on Development Company

Options
  • 10-01-2012 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, I am currently studying 2nd year in thurles on a Higher Certificate in computing, As part of our personal development module I have to write up a report on a software development company or company that conpany that contains an it dept that also do development work.

I have to do this for two companies - i have gotten one, but i am having trouble getting a 2nd to respond to me.

if anyone works for a development house or biggish it dept and wouldnt mind answering a few questions via mail just generic things like how long has company been in operation, how many staff, primary software languages, development tools use, general activities of company and an example of their customer base.

and a quick overview and your role over any day.

I will be doing other research around the company aswell but just need someone to help me with a personal overview of their job rather than a job spec if that makes sense.

if anyone can help with any of the above that would be great even if you have to put me in touch with human resources thats fine.

all the above is to ultimatly help me decide what direction i want to go to for work placement.

thanks for your help

neonitrix (ed)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Lots of contractors are one man development companies, that meets the critieria right? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

srsly78 wrote: »
    Lots of contractors are one man development companies, that meets the critieria right? :pac:

unfortunatly for this course it has to be companies with 5 or more staff - i wish it was different as it may prove easier to get some questions answered.

there is not too much to it but i am still looking for someone if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. I am not getting further than the main switch board when i contact places, and i dont want to lie to get talking to the right person tbh.

so if anyone can help it will be simple stuff like how many working in company what company does in industry, what happens in your average day, who are end customers ie: public / private. what languages do you program in java c c++ phython etc. and a few other small ones but nothing major.

hopefully someone can help

tks

neonitrix (ed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

neonitrix wrote: »
    unfortunatly for this course it has to be companies with 5 or more staff - i wish it was different as it may prove easier to get some questions answered.

there is not too much to it but i am still looking for someone if anyone can help it would be much appreciated. I am not getting further than the main switch board when i contact places, and i dont want to lie to get talking to the right person tbh.

so if anyone can help it will be simple stuff like how many working in company what company does in industry, what happens in your average day, who are end customers ie: public / private. what languages do you program in java c c++ phython etc. and a few other small ones but nothing major.

hopefully someone can help

tks

neonitrix (ed)
    I work for a smallish Irish software company (35ish employees). I'd be happy to help. PM me what you need.

Cool i will log into laptop and sent u private message there now thanks ed
    dvpower wrote: »
    I work for a smallish Irish software company (35ish employees). I'd be happy to help. PM me what you need.

thanks for that i sent you a private message - anyone at all you can answer from that list would be the greatest help.

thanks a million

ed curtin

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Mort5000

Hi,

PM me if you need another candidate.

Mort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I'm probably a bit late to the party but feel free to PM me the questionnaire if any of the others fall through.

I just want to say thanks to dvpower for all the help couldn't have asked for more detail

tks again

[/QUOTE]
    I work for a smallish Irish software company (35ish employees). I'd be happy to help. PM me what you need.[/Quote]

Advertisement