Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Broadband

Options
  • 10-01-2012 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭

Thread link: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056509227

In the above thread on the recently launched Netflix service yesterday (in the Broadband forum) I posted the following for which I have been banned with no prior warning that I or anyone else was drifting OT.....

The content isn't great but I suppose it will improve. On TV programs they are really up against it when you consider the number of channels showing repeats of Top Gear and the old classics like Fawlty Towers, Minder and Only Fools and Horses.

The BBC report on the launch has a publicity photo of the Netflix UK MD with two of the cast of The Only Way is Essex, oh dear!

They also need to signup additional h/w providers like Sony TV and Blu-Ray players and Philips Net TV users. Wii, xBox and PS3 support won't really cut it in terms of penetration.

I queried the ban with the mod as per the stated dispute resolution process, the reply I got is as follows.....

The rules state that the thread is for discussion of Netflix in terms of Broadband only.

I think this is a gross overreaction for the following reasons:

1. Typically if a thread starts going OT there is a public warning to the posters in general or to one single poster, none was issued in this case.

2. If a poster gets banned on other threads, the ban is typically made public and the reason stated for the benefit of other posters, neither was done in this case. Instead the post quoted above was removed and I was banned.

I would like the ban lifted please, I am getting close to 5,000 posts on boards and have never been banned before

For what it's worth, the thread was originally started by a diffferent poster and was promptly closed by the same mod who said it had nothng to do with Brodband. I PM'ed the mod to say that as Netflix is a VoD service it had a lot to do with broadband since that was the primary access method for most consumers.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement