Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for the illusive Ghost Chilli

• 10-01-2012 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

Hey folks
    I am looking for somwhere in Dublin that sells Ghots Chilli's (the worlds hottest chilli)
    Anyone know somwhere that sell them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Just grow them yourself, very easy plant to grow and even one plant can give you a decent supply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Just grow them yourself, very easy plant to grow and even one plant can give you a decent supply.

Naa, takes too long, havnt the patience:o
    Just prefere to walk into a shop and get a bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I'm intrigued.

I was staying with a family in Moldova a few years ago. They are big on chillies.

I was showing how much I loved chillies and picked up one ready to take a good bite out of it. The whole table shouted NO!! so I stopped short and the chilli just touched my tongue. My mouth was on fire for hours after. I dread to think what would have happened if I'd taken a bite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Hey folks
    I am looking for somwhere in Dublin that sells Ghots Chilli's (the worlds hottest chilli)

Watching Outragous Food on the Ffod network last night I reckon ;)

The presenters were wearing respirators and gloves just preparing the dried chillis, what's the worst that could happen? :eek:

Watching Outragous Food on the Ffod network last night I reckon ;)

The presenters were wearing respirators and gloves just preparing the dried chillis, what's the worst that could happen? :eek:

No, didn't see it, must be a co-incidence.
    What's the worst that could happen??.. Have you seen the YouTube videos:eek::D
    Anyway I have a friend who reckons I cannot make a hotter curry than him and I just happen to know his ingredients and think he is in for a surprise:D
    I'm still none the wiser on where to get my hands in some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

No, didn't see it, must be a co-incidence.
    What's the worst that could happen??.. Have you seen the YouTube videos:eek::D
    Anyway I have a friend who reckons I cannot make a hotter curry than him and I just happen to know his ingredients and think he is in for a surprise:D
    I'm still none the wiser on where to get my hands in some.

If you really want a hot curry, try getting some Pure Capsaicin.. To put it into context, a Jalapeno is 35,000~ scoville units. Pure Capsaicin is 16 MILLION..

You could buy it here if you wanted to: http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=pure+capsaicin+crystal&source=web&cd=16&ved=0CIYBEBYwDw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chileseeds.co.uk%2Fchilli_sauces.htm&ei=IRQOT_72L4eFhQe-lpWdBA&usg=AFQjCNHi94DdZvfvc2-VmlOEjt3iUzLpdw&sig2=CE8d9sSpkzsTAFRrW4Ca6Q

But here's a video of someone um, "testing" it.. I can guarantee you that this curry will be hotter than your friend's.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

If you do manage to get yours hands on some, be sure to record your friend (or anyone for that matter) that ends up tasting your curry! :D

Some of the Youtube videos are hilarious. Adam Richman from Man v Food didn't seem to bad after he tried one though (well at least compared to other people!)

BaZmO* wrote: »
    If you do manage to get yours hands on some, be sure to record your friend (or anyone for that matter) that ends up tasting your curry! :D

Some of the Youtube videos are hilarious. Adam Richman from Man v Food didn't seem to bad after he tried one though (well at least compared to other people!)

Oh I will and I'll stick it up here when I do:D
    I've seen a few of the videos and they are very funny.
    Also a fan of Man v food. That man is insane. Serious appatite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

im nearly sure the moldovan shop beside lenehans in rathmines sells it

im nearly sure the moldovan shop beside lenehans in rathmines sells it

No, tried there and all the other eastern European shops in Rathmines including the Asian shop next to where Spar used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lordstilton

http://www.chileseeds.co.uk/ these guys sell them dried and also some mentally hot sauces

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

I got a few Naga Jolokia in JC's in Swords . I've dried them out and your welcome to one if you want .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

But here's a video of someone um, "testing" it.. I can guarantee you that this curry will be hotter than your friend's.. ;)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwn02qZn8vw

That's hilarious!

Action is from 5.10 onward. The pure innocence of the chap "hic..that's too hot... hic".

sharkman wrote: »
    I got a few Naga Jolokia in JC's in Swords . I've dried them out and your welcome to one if you want .

Cool,how long ago did you get them there? I'll have a look in JC's as I'll be over that way during the week but if they're not there I'd be delighted to get one from you. Cheers
    I presume they were fresh when you bought them if you dried them yourself?

Cool,how long ago did you get them there? I'll have a look in JC's as I'll be over that way during the week but if they're not there I'd be delighted to get one from you. Cheers
    I presume they were fresh when you bought them if you dried them yourself?
    Yep , they were fresh in a little tub . They are bloodyHOT . I'll ask the guy in charge of fruit and veg to get a pack in for you . They got them and all it said on the pack was "very hot" , they had people coming back after nearly killing their families with them .I knew what they were and treated them with the respect they deserve . Drop me a PM with contact details .

sharkman wrote: »
    Yep , they were fresh in a little tub . They are bloodyHOT . I'll ask the guy in charge of fruit and veg to get a pack in for you . They got them and all it said on the pack was "very hot" , they had people coming back after nearly killing their families with them .I knew what they were and treated them with the respect they deserve . Drop me a PM with contact details .

Excellent, PM inbound

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

I love JC's , they manage to have EVERYTHING haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

I bought this for the brother for christmas, only (only!) 1,000,000 on the scoville scale. Packs an unbelievable punch, taste good too though.

ASOT wrote: »
    I love JC's , they manage to have EVERYTHING haha
    They do indeed , and if they don't just ask . I used to get Brianna's in Fallon&Byrnes but asked in JC's and the next week it was in .

Can confirm JC'S have Bhut Jolokia (ghost chillies) for sale.
    Watch this space:o

• Advertisement

How did the chillies work out for you ??

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kirw2n

Late reply!

Ghost chilies are on sale fresh in Fallon&Byrne in dublin city centre right now!

They are unbelievable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

What you want is the ghost chilli extract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

kirw2n wrote: »
    Late reply!

Ghost chilies are on sale fresh in Fallon&Byrne in dublin city centre right now!

They are unbelievable.

Thanks for the tip... got some there today for the OH :D He seems very excited! He loves all things hot... the heat of a korma is about my limit though :P

Just a quick update , picked up a punnett of Naja Jolokia in JC's in Swords today .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

just an update, fallon and byrne have both ghost chilli and the red scorpian which is actually stronger
    tried a whole one raw and i was not right for a good 30 mins after. i cooked with it too and to be honest they are kind of pointless as they are way too hot. they are good for a challenge and thats about it
    my a** is still stinging me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Ah me auld pal lol how's it going, you know those chillis are hell when you've a day on the bank planned ....

Rebel Chilli - you'll find them on facebook & twitter will sort out all of your chilli needs including ghost....

Just as an aside, scotch bonnet are going well in carp mix at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭zacmorris

Hey folks

Fallon & Byrne always have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,249 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Thanks for the heads up.... gonna get some for the wife, she loves killer hot food :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

go for the red scorpian , they are hotter than the ghost chilli. it will result in ring sting i can promise

Advertisement