Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe Fresh (Dublin) closed?

Options
  • 10-01-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about Cafe Fresh? It seems to be shut, but there are no signs up anywhere to say when they are reopening. They may be shut for renovations (there are markings on the floor), but I would have thought there would be a sign up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭spiralbound

Oh, I hope it's not closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

I hope it's not - I love their salad bar, but I have to say that it wouldn't surprise me. It doesn't do great business, it's dead all morning and even during lunch it's never really that busy. When you compare it to the kind of business that Cornucopia does...

• Registered Users Posts: 49 RosieP

There was a post on their Facebook page (which I now can't find!) a week or two ago about it being their last day in their current location but there was no info on if they would be opening elsewhere.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Really?! Yes, their Facebook page seems to be hidden now. That was awful sudden if so.

I asked the staff at the Powerscourt Town House today. Cafe Fresh closed about 2 weeks ago. They hope to open elsewhere in about a month, but plans didn't seem too solid (given it hasn't been announced anywhere). :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

Sad news. If it does re-open in a new location it could be the best thing that's happened to the place though. Hidden away in the top corner of Powerscourt was a terrible location for a cafe like Fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Homer.sim

Is this the same as cafe fresh at the beacon ? As i think they are closed also . thats a shame :-(

Oh, I didn't know they had another branch at the becon.

FYI - word is that Cafe Fresh are offering a catering service now, based in Co. Wicklow. So they haven't gone completely! But that's not very helpful for any individuals who miss their food.

Advertisement