Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

French Students and their manners

• 10-01-2012 2:51pm

Have been away from Dublin a few years.
    Since I've got back I can't help but notice the amount of obnoxious French students - feet up on the buses, refusing to move, sitting opposite each other an shouting and just crowding the pavements.
    Now, I've been to France 3 or 4 times and never noticed it there, is that because other French refuse to put up with it?

Perfectly aware of the French stereotypes but my room mate is one of the nicest French people you could meet, just sick of the rudeness daily, particularly on the buses. Anyone else noticed it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

I haven't seen any French students.

Are French students the new Spanish students?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

They're probably just copying the Spanish students.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

They can do what they bloody well like over here, its their taxes that will be paying our bale out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Fecking French! Coming over here crowding our pavements and handballing our footballs :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Arrogance from the French?? Realy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

We have French students here most years. They usually get cheeky with Irish lads older than them and get the shit kicked into them for their efforts about three days into their trips, and don't cause any more hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Sush... we need their money!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

The correct term is Sportalianch (Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, French)

As in "sorry, I can't quite hear you, there's a gaggle of Sportalianch pricks talking gibberish behind me"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

What manners? Pfft

You should see them driving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

In the merde!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Move to whiny dublin bastard forum:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭SisterAnn

They can do what they bloody well like over here, its their taxes that will be paying our bale out.

They oughta ask for their cash back. he was sh1te as batman.

Or maybe they have been paying over the odds for equine winter feed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭jetsonx

geeby wrote: »
    I've been to France 3 or 4 times and never noticed it there, is that because other French refuse to put up with it?

exactly, they would never get away with it back in France...it would be dirty looks all round and direct rebukes from the public if they tried. They know the Irish don't do public complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

French students came to my house once for a week and I swear to god they didn't shower for that WHOLE week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

French students being young people in a group shocker!

They do it there too, Always surprises me the groups that teenagers hang out in places like Spain, France and Italy.

Thay hang out in massive gangs, my cousin in Italy hangs out in a gang of about 30 people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Ray Palmer wrote: »

Thay hang out in massive gangs, my cousin in Italy hangs out in a gang of about 30 people.

Clearly the Mafia

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

If there is one race i hate its the French, can not stand them, ignorant arrogant rude race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

If there is one race i hate its the French, can not stand them, ignorant arrogant rude race.

Even the lovely, plump Madame who always sells flowers on the promenade of La Rochelle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Its our taxes that will be paying the stiff interest on the loans they made to us, you mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Blast them with merde!!!!

Advertisement