Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying to Different Colleges?

Options
  • 10-01-2012 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Can I send off 2/3 CAO forms say one to Cork, one to Waterford and one to Dublin? Or am I only allowed send one a year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

PeterB11 wrote: »
    Can I send off 2/3 CAO forms say one to Cork, one to Waterford and one to Dublin? Or am I only allowed send one a year?

One application to CAO and you can apply for up to 20 different courses across all Colleges, IT's and Universities

Look at http://www.cao.ie for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PeterB11

I really want to go to one certain place in particular though, but would you think of it to be wise to put another college or two on the CAO form just incase I don't get accepted this year or wait til the following?

have my heart set on a certain course with a certain college

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

PeterB11 wrote: »
    I really want to go to one certain place in particular though, but would you think of it to be wise to put another college or two on the CAO form just incase I don't get accepted this year or wait til the following?

have my heart set on a certain course with a certain college

Hi Peter
    If you genuinely only want that one course and no others then thats fine, you can submit your application with only the one course selected. However I would suggest that you look at a few others that would be similar to the one you have chosen just to keep your options open.

If you have your heart set on one particular course then you need to know if you have what that college is looking for from an applicant to that course. Make contact with the course co-ordinator or director and get a sense of what they want so you can better communicate your suitability on your application.

Advertisement