Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Waste Collection Services

Options
  • 10-01-2012 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there are any other companies collecting in the Balbriggan area? I still haven't had an invoice from Panda or anything at all except a letter from Fingal back in October to say Panda were taking over. No collections at all for three weeks at Christmas, no way of finding out when green bin collection is because I can't access the calendar until I pay the invoice they haven't sent me. Aaagh! Who deals with complaints about non-provision of services? EPA? Dept Environment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

GreenLady wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there are any other companies collecting in the Balbriggan area? I still haven't had an invoice from Panda or anything at all except a letter from Fingal back in October to say Panda were taking over. No collections at all for three weeks at Christmas, no way of finding out when green bin collection is because I can't access the calendar until I pay the invoice they haven't sent me. Aaagh! Who deals with complaints about non-provision of services? EPA? Dept Environment?

Don't know of other companies offering a service in you part of the county, have you tried to call Panda 1850 626262 or 046 9024111?

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

GreenLady wrote: »
    Have to say,Im in Balbriggan area and have had no problem at all with Panda since they have taken over!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ToyotaCorolla

Its disappointing that Panda have cut the number of black bin collections from 4 to 3 per month. The only reason they cut it was because they are stretched after taking on the 55,000 Fingal council customers. They said it will reduce carbon footprint and lessen traffic , bottom line is they are reducing the serivice because they dont have enough trucks to cover the new customer base of 70,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Its disappointing that Panda have cut the number of black bin collections from 4 to 3 per month. The only reason they cut it was because they are stretched after taking on the 55,000 Fingal council customers. They said it will reduce carbon footprint and lessen traffic , bottom line is they are reducing the serivice because they dont have enough trucks to cover the new customer base of 70,000.

Surprised they didn't opt to buy/lease the former Fingal trucks from the receiver of the now bankrupt lease company. From reading a similiar thread concerning Panda in the Dublin West forum, the DCN service seems to have had less growing pains or we could be just less narky:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ToyotaCorolla

I rang Panda to lodge my disapproval with their change to the service especially the short notice they gave to their original customers. Was told I would receive a call from their customer service manager, im still waiting ten days on. They will probably increase the price in the next few months. The letter they sent did ask for feedback :)
    Is there any alternative to Panda with Fingal council no longer on the scene?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

At the moment there doesnt seem to be an alternative.

Acording to Panda's website the charge for this year is €110, up from €88 and the cost per lift is now €8, up from €6.40.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Madpaddy79

sgarvan wrote: »

At the moment there doesnt seem to be an alternative.

Acording to Panda's website the charge for this year is €110, up from €88 and the cost per lift is now €8, up from €6.40.

And for those of us who were with FCC and forced to panda, when FCC sent out their bill, you had the option of paying for the full year, now panda sent out their bill a few weeks ago ( highlighting the fact they stuck to their promise of no hikes in prices for old FCC customers ) but they only give you the option of paying for 6 months. So are we to expect a price increase from the only waste collector in ncd in July?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Benjy

Madpaddy79 wrote: »
    And for those of us who were with FCC and forced to panda, when FCC sent out their bill, you had the option of paying for the full year, now panda sent out their bill a few weeks ago ( highlighting the fact they stuck to their promise of no hikes in prices for old FCC customers ) but they only give you the option of paying for 6 months. So are we to expect a price increase from the only waste collector in ncd in July?

Not true (at least for me). I was with FCC and my invoice from Panda allowed me to pay the full year charge of €110 via their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Anybody know how much Greenstar are these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

PWEI wrote: »
    Anybody know how much Greenstar are these days?

108 per year, 7.30 per lift

www.greenstarfingal.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mary28

Greenstar only collect fortnightly, my biggest gripe is the 3 out of 4 week black bin collections as I'm always getting caught out and being left with an overloaded bin for 2 weeks, I'd like a black bin collection every week.
    Greenstar might be slightly cheaper but they are not offering the same frequency of service.

I was particularly unimpressed with Panda over Christmas. They took over a few mths back but kept to the Fingal schedule in our area. They started their own schedule over Christmas and their first collection was due on the bank holiday Monday after New Years day. But there was no collection that day as it was a bank holiday. I can only assume they collected the bins the previous Saturday instead which was New Years eve. I think my entire estate missed this and there were no collections for another 2 weeks. I thought this was very badly done and communicated at a particularly bad time of year when you have extra refuse.

One part of greenstar says

Weekly collection for refuse bin and fortnightly collection for Green and Brown bins.

and another part says

Fortnightly Refuse Collections.

Talk about confusing

108 per year, 7.30 per lift

www.greenstarfingal.ie

Thanks for that. Not much cheaper than Panda then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

greenstar text you to remind you of your collection day. 2 a month are more than adequate for black bins. If not, then start recycling more!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

peteb2 wrote: »
    greenstar text you to remind you of your collection day. 2 a month are more than adequate for black bins. If not, then start recycling more!

I love when people assume your household needs.

I got an invoice from Panda for half the annual fee and it is the same as last years annual fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I paid Panda last week but still haven't received any stickers. Has anyone gotten theirs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dubsontour

I paid Panda last week but still haven't received any stickers. Has anyone gotten theirs yet?

Same here paid 2 weeks ago, still no stickers..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

dubsontour wrote: »
    Same here paid 2 weeks ago, still no stickers..

I enquired about this and they told me that stickers will be sent out by the end of the month.

I enquired about this and they told me that stickers will be sent out by the end of the month.

Thanks Frank, I had been meaning to ring them but never thought of it during work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Related Inquiry,

I live outside Lusk, in an area where we did not have a brown bin from FCC. No idea why but neighbours the same. We just put a tag on the black bin, no problems.
    So we were not on any list, have got no invoice, and no idea of the days bins will be collected
    I got onto Panda Web-site but need a PIN which is on invoice.
    Tried the phone but engaged
    Anyone else in this situation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

martinn123 wrote: »
    Related Inquiry,

I live outside Lusk, in an area where we did not have a brown bin from FCC. No idea why but neighbours the same. We just put a tag on the black bin, no problems.
    So we were not on any list, have got no invoice, and no idea of the days bins will be collected
    I got onto Panda Web-site but need a PIN which is on invoice.
    Tried the phone but engaged
    Anyone else in this situation

Couldn't get tough on the phone for ages so eventually rang the international number listed on the website. Try that.

Thanks for that, eventually got through Tuesday am.
    Explained position to first call centre person, who became a little confused, so she hung up on me, ( page 3 of Training manual ).
    Rang back and got someone with a little knowledge who assured me collection on Tuesday, so notified neighbours, all bins out
    Tuesday home from work, bin not emptied, and neighbours think its my fault. rang Wed, sorry can't organise a collection, but you are definately down for Thurs.
    Left Bin out, home from work, Wed, Bin empty, neighbours who took in their bin, not happy.

Do this shower know what they are at.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Is Tagabin an option? Some of my neighbours seem to use them. Im between Balbriggan and Gormanston

Just to let the more rural dwellers know, if you are in an area where you did not get a Brown Bin from FCC, i.e problems with access for large Truck, you will get a waver from Panda for the annual charge.
    I spoke to them today, and our collection, black/green is a small truck, ( lone ranger ) so we do not pay the annual fee, just the tag for the black, ( every week, collection, ) and the Green, Free every 2 weeks.

Almost the middle of February and still no stickers. I must ring this lot to find out when we'll get them. Has anyone in Balbriggan gotten their stickers yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Almost the middle of February and still no stickers. I must ring this lot to find out when we'll get them. Has anyone in Balbriggan gotten their stickers yet?

I e-mailed them this morning about the stickers and they came back to me very quickly with the following information.
    Panda wrote:
    There has been a change of plan we are not sending out stickers now as we will be putting a computerised chip in your bin in the next couple of months, just continue doing what your doing at the minute and bins will be collected in the meantime.

So dont pay your yearly charge and put a tag on your bin and it will be collected. How will the bin men know any different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

sgarvan wrote: »
    So dont pay your yearly charge and put a tag on your bin and it will be collected. How will the bin men know any different

Will they stop selling tags though, and can only pay using the 'panda payment card', with the recommend €25 topup

Advertisement