Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwarping doors

• 10-01-2012 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Well all. I got two new PINE doors there going to be used as pocket doors(slide in to recess in cavity wall). When I installed the doors they were running perfectly in and out of the recess noticed about a week later they were catching the frame the doors have about 5 or 6mm of a bow in the centre. Granted the doors werent finished with any sealer or varnish I tried to take the warp out of them by placing the door on saw horses either end of the door and a weight in the middle kinda worked but then doors went back to the original warp. I have purchased sand and sealer I wonder if I seal the doors with this and then try the wieght in the middle of the doors would this work need to get these doors straight as they are pocket doors can't have them banging against the frame when there runin back into the recess, any chippies in here with any knowledge in this field cheers in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi
    See attached. I had to do this with 6 panel pine doors and it worked. They were not pocket doors but std doors in frame. A pain but it worked.
    NW

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭toshy321

Thanks for that reply northwest just in regard to the 3 lenghts of timbers should these be lying flat on ground or should the clamps be clamped around the bottom of the timbers to the top of doors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi Toshi
    Bottom of timber to top of doors also put a piece of timber on top of door when clamping not to damage surface of door.
    NW

Advertisement