Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC and Tesco Mobile

Options
  • 10-01-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

Just wondering if anybody here is on the Tesco Mobile network using a HTC phone. I got a HTC Radar but can't access my windows live account while on the tesco network. If I try in a WiFi location I can access no problem. Thing is I can't download apps using tesco. I'd be interested to see if anybody else has the same issue, if you have no problem access windows live using the tesco network please let me know, I might be able to get the correct settings from you.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

(Android-)HTC Desire Z on Tesco Mobile and can download apps via Tesco without problems.

Maybe there is an option in Windows Live to download/update apps over WiFi only?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

gary29428 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody here is on the Tesco Mobile network using a HTC phone. I got a HTC Radar but can't access my windows live account while on the tesco network. If I try in a WiFi location I can access no problem. Thing is I can't download apps using tesco. I'd be interested to see if anybody else has the same issue, if you have no problem access windows live using the tesco network please let me know, I might be able to get the correct settings from you.

Many Thanks

You wont be able to download large apps due to your internet data allowance limitation.

Did you try running the connection set up app to actually set up mobile internet to be used on your phone with the right network, it should be in your app list as its pre installed with every HTC Windows Phone. Im not even sure HTC has tesco mobiles apn settings. You might have to put them in manually under (Setting> Mobile Internet > Down at the bottom configure APN)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Gary,

Just tried this and it worked :)

Go to Settings / Mobile Network (mine says "Tesco Mobile- Tesco Mobile") / Scroll to the bottom and pick "Edit APN" and then add tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com in the APN box and press the tick down the bottom.

I just downloaded two things from the Marketplace to try (and WiFi was definitely OFF! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

Yeah, that's it. Thanks evolutionqy7. Should have no problem with large apps, my allowance is 1G for 6.99 a month on pay as you go. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

gary29428 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's it. Thanks evolutionqy7. Should have no problem with large apps, my allowance is 1G for 6.99 a month on pay as you go. Thanks again.

Some games are 180MB+ :)

Windows Phone is designed that apps or games larger than around 25MB i think can only be downloaded over WiFi to prevent any large charges for data.

1GB is plenty but if you start downloading apps and watching videos it can be gone in under 1 hour or depending on your data speed

• Advertisement
Advertisement