Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Superloo super dead?

Options
  • 10-01-2012 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭

I see it's back in the news this week (in The Weekender) with the same old same old conversations of costs and where it'll be located. Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Sligo Borough Council buy this thing about 10 years ago and have been paying for storage ever since?

It may have been super when they bought it but I'm sure technologies have changed and the fact this thing has been sitting around (oooh could be a pun there) for the last number of years, I definitely don't want to volunteer to be the first to use it for fear the self cleaning mode will kick in in mid use and I'd have to be fished out of the Garavogue.

With all the money spent to date, it'd be cheaper to hire one of the obsolete buildings in the town centre, put in toilets and pay for cleaners.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

It would cost too much in wages to have a cleaner or someone look after them. The reason there are public toilets in Enniskillen ( a smaller town ) and not in Sligo is because public service wages - the wages to clean the toilets - are half in the North compared to the Republic. Anyway, no real need for public toilets in Sligo. The odd time I'm in Sligo I use the toilets in a pub or restaurant. Maybe everyone should go to the Borough Council offices , wherever they are, and ask to use the toilets there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Ever since McDonalds closed I use the very well sign posted one above costa coffee in the Johnstons Court.

:rolleyes:

I know some of the super loos are unsightly, but surly theres an unused building or two in the town that automatic one could be built into to make them slightly less unsightly, similar to the ones in Salthall Galway if anyone is familar with them.

Advertisement