Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newbie to Apple TV

• 10-01-2012 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All;

My wife is talking about buying apple tv etc.

We upgraded to 25mb broadband with upc.

We will subscribe to netflixs also.

Whats the big functionality about apple tv? will be using a irish address.

If netflix provides movies and tv shows why have this and apple tv?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jpt1980

The Netflix interface on Apple TV is by far the easiest to use in my opinion. Netflix doesn't have new releases but they can be rented through the Apple TV Movies section, so you get the best of both worlds. It also works brilliantly with an iPhone or iPad if you own them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

On the tv front, is apple tv mainly a tool for downloading tv shows and films?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

On the tv front, is apple tv mainly a tool for downloading tv shows and films?

Apple tv is a medium for streaming films/tv using your broadband connection to your telly as opposed to you computer

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jpt1980

It basically puts all your iTunes content from your computer on your tv wirelessly, also you can watch trailers, YouTube and Vimeo content and video podcasts, listen to audio podcasts, thousands of radio stations, stream photos, songs, podcasts and movies to your tv from your iPhone or iPad and use either of these devices as a touchscreen remote. I've had my Apple TV since September of last year and love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

There's also a neat little feature called mirroring where whatever's displayed on your iPad 2 or iPhone 4s can be mirrored onto your telly so you can play games, surf the net or do whatever you do on your deviceusing your telly as the screen.

It doesn't work with the iPhone 4 or earlier though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

jpt1980 wrote: »
    It basically puts all your iTunes content from your computer on your tv wirelessly, also you can watch trailers, YouTube and Vimeo content and video podcasts, listen to audio podcasts, thousands of radio stations, stream photos, songs, podcasts and movies to your tv from your iPhone or iPad and use either of these devices as a touchscreen remote. I've had my Apple TV since September of last year and love it.

It puts more than iTunes, just some people have to jailbreak it ;)

Advertisement